I'm Late! Argh!

 Drat! I had so hoped to get a great post out to you today. We've been prepping my youngest daughter's room to paint it and it's totally taken over my time. I'm not resentful of that, just being honest about how things stand. 😁 Keep reading for a very brief update on how my writing's been going. 


Author Journey: So...How's It Going?

It's been going. Slowly. So far, I think Plottr might be an asset, but it's not so fun to use. I like to be able to see everything at a glance and I'm not seeing that so well. Scrivener and Campfire do a little better there. Campfire is colorful without being harsh on the eyes. Scrivener has gotten more business-like, and while that might spur some on to greater productivity, it distracts me. Plottr is similar, though not as harsh on my eyes since there's a dark theme. 

I've used these Plottr options satisfactorily:

  • add book - super easy to do and very simple filling in only a few blanks
  • add character - super easy on the surface, but so many options of how to fill in character details. While that'd be super awesome for a long novel, it's not so great for the short vignettes I'm going to be writing. I just don't have time to fill in so many details...but details are what I like to do. So I'm having trouble choosing which options to fill in and which ones I can skip. 
As you can see, I haven't been able to take advantage of a lot of the tools on the program yet, but I'm going to be getting there very soon. 

I went back through my titles this week and jotted down ideas for the focus of each vignette, so I feel a little more confident there. 

That's pretty much it for this week's work and update. 

I'm sorry there's not much more, but I'll have a better post for you next Friday. Thanks for stopping by! 


Until next time, 
Keep turning pages...

Comments

Popular Posts