Writer's Life: Nanowrimo 2018 & More

I compiled the following snippets from November's blog posts while I was transferring everything here. These focus mainly on my mindset and whatever writing I was doing. There's also a little about what I was planning for December.


11/19/2018 -

Last week was a real struggle for me. With so many things going on right now, it was super hard to concentrate. I managed to stay above the goal line, though, on my Nano goal tracker, so I'm still counting myself victorious.

11/26/2018 -

Challenges indeed! These have been really hard for me to keep up with for some reason. I may be that I've got several stories going on in my head right now and I've had to answer some of the challenges with responses relating to books 1-3, rather than my current WIP. It could also be that my schedule was totally derailed by the need to have surgery. But whatever the case, I catch up when I can and just keep going forward. Read on to check out my responses for the past week.

12/7/2018 -

The last week of November presented so many challenges to my schedule. I'm so glad I survived. My oldest daughter and I were able to join one of the local church choirs for their Christmas production. While it was time consuming, we really enjoyed doing it. It threw me off my blog planning schedule, though. Oh, well! Such is life, or at least such is my life. LOL

What's Next?

Honestly, I don't fully know. I'm reading through a series of historical romances with holiday themes. My hope is to finish them in enough time to send out holiday themed book reviews each Wednesday during November. If I don't finish the first one in time for next Wednesday, I'll likely wait until the following Wednesday to post at all.
You can still expect Monday and Friday posts from me. I'll keep you updated on what's going on with my journey as I work on the revisions for "Over Land & Under Stone".  One thing I'm struggling with is how my hero gets from where he is now to the exalted position he needs to end up in. And then, how does my heroine fit in? Will they be able to live a life together? Or will his ultimate end prevent this? I'm still undecided but as I work on the revisions, perhaps it will come to me. I'm still about 20k words short of a fantasy novel, so I definitely have room to play with different ideas.
Until next time, thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular Posts