Author Journey: March 15, 2024 - Camp Nano is Coming!

 Welcome to the scenic route! I'm happy you stopped by today and hope your weekend is starting off well. While I don't have a whole lot to share today, I still wanted to stay on schedule. I do have a cat collage to share with you at the end so keep reading! 


Author Journey: Camp Nano 2024 - Spring Edition

Yup. You read that correctly. There's a spring and summer edition of Camp Nano. What I like about these is the ability to control the goal amount. Rather than a set 50k, I could drop it to 30k. I could also raise it to 80k if I was feeling extremely energized and more motivated than what's been my normal for the last couple months. 

I'll be focusing on a read-through of Surge to try to get that ready for publication as soon as I have enough ISBNs to do so. That means the goal should be set around 91k if I want to make it through the entire novel. I have to say I'm impressed with that number. I thought it was sitting around 70k or so. 

My mom is a willing listener. My sister would be, too, but her work takes so much of her time. So as I do this read-through, my mom will get the first look at the whole thing, outside of the Discord writing group I'm part of. Oh yeah! I need to start posting chapters in there again. Yikes!

Another note which you might find helpful... Don't accidentally update your windows OS unless you're prepared to pay for upgrades to your writing programs. <sigh> Yeah, that happened last week, I think. Maybe the week before. Seriously, life is just flying past and I feel like I'm living like a zombie. And I keep forgetting to check my inbox for news on whether I have to pay to upgrade my most expensive program. I'm hoping if I do, it's not the full cost, since I paid for a lifetime plan. 

I'm back on social media, in case you missed that. You can find me at Facebook, X (We all know it's twitter.), and Instagram. Hope you'll join me there. 


Writer's Life: On the Home Front

Good news, y'all! Finally, we have the initial results on my mom's last two tests. So far, her health looks good. So we're thinking it was one of her meds (which she's no longer taking) that caused such a severe reaction in her system. I'm so thankful to all my followers who prayed on her behalf.  I know Almighty God is also 'The God Who Healeth Me' and I know He was watching over us during this whole difficult ordeal. 

Spartacus is still doing well. He's still pretty playful and has been having a blast as our temps rise and bring in more bugs. <sigh> His joy is my annoyance in that case. My husband created this awesome collage, showcasing the most peaceful faces of our little buddy. 

Spartacus 'Ponce' Jones 03/2024
Photo by JD Kittles Photography
©2024


Thank y'all so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed the post and something in it made you smile. Your support and encouragement are much appreciated. 

Until next time,
Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts