Author Update: January 9, 2024 - Injured!

 Hello and welcome to the scenic route! I must apologize for the absence of a blog post yesterday. I injured my ankle, y'all! Read on to hear more. 


I initially injured it while wrapping a large Christmas present, if y'all can believe that. Then, I guess I didn't realize how injured it was so I irritated the injury several days ago. As of Sunday, I've been trying to keep my leg elevated when I don't have to be up walking around. So sitting at my desk for any length of time isn't happening right now. 

It was necessary, in my mind, to let my readers know I won't be posting for the rest of this week. I'm going to focus on getting that ankle healed up and do what I can to prep for editing next month. I'll also continue prepping my blog calendar so I don't double up on book review posts. 

While I'm writing this, I might as well give you a look into what I'm reading and studying this month:

  • The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Ephesians (yes, the Bible book, which I'm studying with a group of awesome ladies from my church)
  • The Holiness of God by R.C. Sproul (which I'll be studying with my Saturday ladies Bible study group for the next couple months or so.) 
  • Uncertain Spring: A Christian Romantic Suspense (Northern Shore Intrigue #5) by Lyn Cote
  • And I just finished Brides of Adoration books 1-5 by Josephine Blake, which I enjoyed and will be posting reviews for, probably later this year. 
I've added these to my TBR list:

  • Biblical Foundations of Corporate Worship by Scott Aniol
  • Gentle & Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers by Dane C. Ortland
  • Ominous Midsummer: A Christian Romantic Suspense (Northern Shore Intrigue #6) by Lyn Cote
  • Sleeping Dragon (Dragon Ever After book 4) by Amberlyn Holland
  • The Chaplain (The Chaplain's Legacy prequel) by Mary Kingswood
I hope you'll keep coming back, reading, and writing. 

Until next week,
Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts