Book Notes: December 27, 2023 - Clean Contemporary Romance

 Welcome to the scenic route! I've got a couple of cowboy stories to share with you today. One of them is written by one of the authors in my top 20. I also have that word prompt ready, just as I promised. Ready? Let's go!

Book Review: Must Love Christmas by Kelly Hunter

Must Love Christmas (Montana Bachelors and Babies, #3)Must Love Christmas by Kelly Hunter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Solid 4-Star

For me, this book was mostly good. I liked the characters and the ending. The setting was fun, too. I try not to choose books containing sex scenes and cussing, but I think this one was either free or discounted for a time. Still, neither of those were excessive. I was able to skip the sex scene without ruining the story.
If none of what bothered me bothers you, and you enjoy contemporary cowboy romance, then you might enjoy this book.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Her Mistletoe Cowboy (Steeple Ridge Romance #3) by Liz Isaacson


Her Mistletoe Cowboy (Steeple Ridge #3)Her Mistletoe Cowboy by Liz Isaacson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Solid, Sweet Romance

If you're looking for something sweet, clean, and easy to read, that'll probably leave you smiling at the end, this is it. The only reason I took off a star is because it's just not cool when a character says "come with." I just can't stand that phrase. At all. Also, these MCs come across as a little bit weak and a little bit immature. They do grow, which was great to read about. Overall, it's a good story. Most of my issues were personal preference related. I still recommend this book. Liz Isaacson is one of my favorite authors when it comes to contemporary romance.

View all my reviews

(Just a little note, you may notice the tag 'clean read' in the list of tags. If one of the books I share is a clean read and one isn't, then I still tag it clean read. I'm pretty good about letting people know in the book review if I found subject matter which some find objectionable. I just wanted to make that clear, since I don't think I have before.)


Just Keep Writing: Wednesday Whimsy

If this is your first time participating in this kind of writing exercise, you're in for a treat. If you've done this with me before, just keep scrolling for the prompt.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (i.e. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required. 


This could be a really fun list. I've already got a genre and setting in mind. What do you think?


I'm so glad you chose to visit the blog today. What did you think of the post? Did you find a book to read? Have you read one of them already? Maybe you were more interested in the word prompt. Was it helpful? Let me know in the comments. I hope you'll visit again tomorrow. The word prompt will be waiting for you!

Until next time,
Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts