Book Notes: December 20, 2023 - Clean Christmas Romance

 Welcome to the scenic route! I hope you're ready to check out some book reviews and/or create something awesome with today's word prompt. I'm going to get right to it.

Book Review: The Cowboy's Christmas Reunion (Saddle Springs Romance #1) by Valerie Comer

The Cowboy's Christmas Reunion (Saddle Springs Romance #1)The Cowboy's Christmas Reunion by Valerie Comer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Interesting and Sweet

This story kept me turning pages. I just had to know how things would unfold. The MCs were a bit extreme in some ways, but I did find them to be relatable. The themes of compassion and forgiveness were nicely handled, too.
If you enjoy sweet, inspirational romance and cowboys, you'll probably enjoy this book.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Always Kiss at Christmas (Fortune's Brides #7) by Regina Scott

Always Kiss at Christmas (Fortune's Brides #7)Always Kiss at Christmas by Regina Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An excellent Regency novella! I loved reading about these two characters and how their story began. The story is clean, the main characters believable and honorable, and the plot well-paced. I recommend it to those who enjoy clean Regency romance and are looking for a quick, satisfying read.

View all my reviews

Of these two authors, Regina Scott is my favorite. I did enjoy both books and the Fortune's Brides series has been fun as I continue to slowly work my way through it. I apologize for such short reviews. I usually review late at night and I'm usually falling asleep while I do so. It's not unusual to see typos in my reviews. If I spot them before posting, I try to correct them. In any case, I hope you'll be interested enough in one or both of these. 


Just Keep Writing: Wednesday Whimsy

If this is your first time participating in this kind of writing exercise, you're in for a treat. If you've done this with me before, just keep scrolling for the prompt.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (i.e. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required. 


Hmm...what do you think? Can you work with these? Have fun!


I'm so happy you stopped by today. Did you find a new book to read? Or maybe you've read these before. Won't you let me know in the comments? I hope the word prompt was helpful. Let me know your thoughts on that, too, if you like. Tomorrow, I'll have another word prompt ready to go. Please visit again!

Until next time,
Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts