Book Notes: August 30, 2023 - Clean Romance

 Welcome to the scenic route! I've got a couple of book reviews to share with you, as well as a prompt to help spark some ideas for your creative project. Are you ready? Let's check it all out.

Book Review: Sweeter Than Any Dream by Annette Lyon

Sweeter Than Any DreamSweeter Than Any Dream by Annette Lyon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cute Regency Romance

This little novella is a Regency romance gem. Only a couple of typos, no major technical issues marred the story. It was a little fairytale-ish, but I found it appropriate. If you're looking for a short, pleasant way to spend some down time, you might enjoy this book.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Remember to Forget (Clayburn #1) by Deborah Raney

Remember to Forget (Clayburn #1)Remember to Forget by Deborah Raney
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Just As Described

This clean inspirational romance was exactly as I hoped. There were times I was wondering what would happen next. I was able to relate to the MCs and root for them, as well as being interested in some of the side characters. The ending was almost too quick for me but I enjoyed it. Overall, this was a well-written book. If you love inspirational romance with a bit of suspense, then definitely give this book a try.

View all my reviews


Just Keep Writing: Wednesday Whimsy

If this is your first time participating in this kind of writing exercise, you're in for a treat. If you've done this with me before, just keep scrolling for the prompt.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (i.e. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required. 


I would love to see what y'all come up with for this collection of words. How interesting that it comes up on Wednesday Whimsy! I bet this will be a fun list to work with. What do you think?


Thank you for spending a little time on the scenic route today. I hope you found your visit helpful in some way. If so, tell me about it in the comments below. I hope you'll come back again tomorrow and bring your creative friends along. I'll have a new word prompt ready to share with you. 

Until next time,
Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts