Book Notes: May 24, 2023 - Romance Book Reviews

 Welcome to my scenic route, Readers and Writers! I've got a couple of book reviews to share with you today. One of them is written by an author who became a fast favorite with me. The other, not so much, but it was still a good story. I've also got a word prompt ready for you creative souls out there. I better get to it!

Book Review: The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer

The Love Knot (Ladies of Harper’s Station #2.5)The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent Story As Always

I love Karen Witemeyer's historical romances. They're well-balanced, well-written, steadily paced books which present relatable characters overcoming relatable or at least easily imaginable trials with the help of God. I liked this story because the MCs worked so hard to do the right thing, making sacrifices when necessary, to do so. This is a novella, but it's so well done and very much worth your time and money. If you enjoy well-written historical, inspirational romance, the do check out The Love Knot!

View all my reviews

Book Review: Coming Home (Montana Promises #1) by Leeanna Morgan

Coming Home (Montana Promises #1)Coming Home by Leeanna Morgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sweet Love Story

The feelings in this story had me in tears at a few points. The characters were sweet and, in some places, funny. For me, there was just something missing. I did like how strongly the characters felt about family. I also liked how the granddad watched over Mia, even though she was a capable adult. What a rare treasure that is in society today! Her respect for him also was a win for me.
If you enjoy sweet, clean romance, you'll probably enjoy this book.

View all my reviews

Just Keep Writing: Wednesday Whimsy

If this is your first time participating in this kind of writing exercise, you're in for a treat. If you've done this with me before, just keep scrolling for the prompt.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (ie. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required. 


What do you think, creators? Can you work your wonders with these three words? I believe you can!


So there you have it. Readers, did you find a new book to check out? Writers and creators, do you think you can work with today's prompt? Please let me know what you think in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you.

Come back tomorrow for a fresh word prompt if you're having fun with them. Please share with your friends, too. 

Until next time,
Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts