Just Keep Writing: April 20, 2023 - Thursday Threads

 Welcome back fellow writers and creators! I'm ready to work. What about you? If you want to write or create, but you're kind of stuck, then why not stick around and check out the word prompt in today's post. You never know. It might spark something wonderful. Let's go!


Just Keep Writing: Thursday Threads

If this is your first time participating in this kind of writing exercise, you're in for a treat. If you've done this with me before, just keep scrolling for the prompt.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (ie. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required. 


And there you have it, writers. What will you do with these three gems? I'm rooting for you!


It was great having you here on the scenic route today. I hope you'll come back again soon. If you are finding these prompts helpful, please do share the posts with your creative friends. 

If you decide to stop by tomorrow, I'll have an update on what I'm currently working on, Camp Nano, the writer's life, and more. There will be a writing prompt, and I may have another short story ready to share, though I can't guarantee it. My week is pretty packed. 

Until next time,
Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts