Book Notes: January 25, 2023 - Suspense Romance

 Welcome back fellow writers and readers! I hope you're ready to check out some book reviews and be inspired. I've got a beautiful word prompt to share with you today so be sure you scroll all the way through the post so you don't miss it. First, I want to share those book reviews...

Book Review: Fatal Winter (Northern Shore Intrigue #3) by Lyn Cote

Fatal Winter (Northern Shore Intrigue #3)Fatal Winter by Lyn Cote
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Good Suspense Romance-4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed reading this book. As long as the series keeps on with the same or better quality, then I'll keep reading. There was one chapter with some serious POV flipping which really tripped me up which is the main reason I gave this book 4.5 stars. Other than that and a few small personal preference things, I found the story to have a decent and mostly plausible plot, interesting characters with realistic problems to overcome, and a gritty sort of mood. Bonus points for a clean story with a fairly strong faith theme. If that sounds like something you enjoy, then I recommend this book.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Caitlyn's Christmas (Smoky Mountain Secrets #7) by Laura Scott


Caitlyn's Christmas  (Smoky Mountain Secrets #7)Caitlyn's Christmas by Laura Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Good, Short Suspense Romance

This clean, inspirational novella moved along smoothly. The author kept the tension up pretty well and the characters were interesting. I didn't really want to put the book down. If you're looking for something short, clean, inspirational, and suspenseful, this book might be a good choice.

View all my reviews

I've really enjoyed getting into more of the clean suspense romance novels. I love a story with depth, which shows me the characters are actually invested in each other and in their relationship. I appreciate that they take love seriously, not as a whim or something changeable. Yes, there's attraction, but that's only an attention-getter, not a relationship mainstay. So it's great to see there are authors out there who value a relationship with depth and staying power. 


Just Keep Writing: Wednesday Whimsy

If this is your first time participating in this kind of writing exercise, you're in for a treat. If you've done this with me before, just keep scrolling for the prompt.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (ie. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required. 

Photo by Hatice Noğman

Don't miss out! Take a moment to view the other beautiful photos in Hatice's gallery at Pexels.com. I don't think you'll regret the time you spend there.


I'm so happy you visited my blog today! Did you find something new to add to your reading list? Or maybe you came for the writing prompt. Whatever the case, I hope your visit was helpful. Let me know in the comments below, if you'd like. 

Tomorrow, I'll have a fresh writing prompt for you. Hope to see you soon!

Until next time,
Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts