Book Notes: December 14, 2022 - Lyn Cote

 Welcome back, Readers! I've got a couple inspirational suspense romance novels by Lyn Cote to share with you today. I hadn't read much by this author. And one of these books had been sitting untouched in my Kindle TBR list for who knows how long. I'm glad I got to read both of these and can share my thoughts on them with you in today's post. I also have another writing prompt ready for you. 

Book Review: Bitter Autumn (North Shore Intrigue #2) by Lyn Cote

Bitter Autumn (Northern Shore Intrigue, #2)Bitter Autumn by Lyn Cote
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great Story!

I loved reading this suspense romance. The pacing was nice and the plot kept me turning pages. Just when I thought I'd figured out the culprit, Lyn Cote would make me second-guess myself. And the twist at the end wasn't expected, either. If you're into clean suspense romance starring MCs with a strong Christian faith, this might be a good book for you.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Winter's Secret (Northern Intrigue, #1) by Lyn Cote

Winter's Secret (Northern Intrigue, #1)Winter's Secret by Lyn Cote
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book presented an intriguing mystery which kept me guessing, a cast of varied and interesting characters, and a beautiful picture of Christian MCs who ate trying to live life in the best possible way. I was impressed with the way the faith element unfolds in the characters' lives. It came across as natural, for the most part. There were some repititous points concerning the MCs' motives for certain choices they'd made. This occurred often enough, I took off a star. Overall, though, this book classified as a great book to enjoy during an evening in. If you enjoy clean, inspirational, suspense romance, you might want to check it out.

View all my reviews

Though the series names are very similar, as are the titles, they are definitely different. I enjoyed both these books and can't wait to continue reading in each series. Lyn Cote writes well in this genre. I hope you'll give this author a chance to wow you as she has wowed me. 


Just Keep Writing: Wednesday Whimsy

If this is your first time participating in this kind of writing exercise, you're in for a treat. If you've done this with me before, just keep scrolling for the prompt.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (ie. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required. 

Photo by Tina Simakova

This week's photos all come from Tina Simakova's beautiful gallery of work on Pexels.com. Do stop by and check out the lovely photos. 


I'm so happy you stopped by today. My prayer is that you find something helpful or useful in my posts. Please don't be shy in letting me know what you think in the comments below. Your support and encouragement mean so much to me. 

Tomorrow, I'll have another word prompt ready for you. 

Until next time...
Turn the page...


Comments

Popular Posts