Book Notes: October 26, 2022 - Inspirational Suspense Romance

 Welcome back for another round of book reviews! I have another word prompt for you, too. I'm going to get right to it.

Book Review: Crash Landing (Hope Landing #5) by Edie James

Crash Landing (Hope Landing #5)Crash Landing by Edie James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Enjoyable and Fast-Paced

So far, I've read four of the Hope Landing series. I've been reading out of the order, but that hasn't been a bad thing. All the books are stand-alones. While there are continuations of the stories, it hasn't ruined the books for me at all. I hope you'll give this inspirational, suspense romance book and series a try!

View all my reviews

Book Review: Last Landing (Hope Landing #6) by Edie James

Last Landing (Hope Landing #6)Last Landing by Edie James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another Must-Read

I'm going to only point this out once and never mention it in any other reviews I write for this series. "Focused" and "led" (past tense of lead). If you can get past those two repeated mistakes, then you'll enjoy these books. Ok. That's done.
Now I really enjoyed the dynamics between the hero and heroine. It's kinda funny how one is more extroverted and the other more introverted, but they both have trouble communicating with each other. The reasons are plausible, too. The crime felt a bit different this time, but I still loved the story. I hated that Dale flapped his arms when nervous and also slapped his thighs, but that is a quirk that'd probably annoy me in real life. The great thing about these books is that I find them easy to dive into. The characters are people I'm loving to learn about. And the stories give me a little time for wonder and fancy.
If you enjoy suspense romance with an inspirational spin, you may enjoy reading this.

View all my reviews

This series has been pretty good. While there are some serious fantastical (i.e. unbelievable) things going on, it's fun to read and I think it would make for a fun movie series, as long as they kept it clean. 

As mentioned above, there were some obvious grammar mistakes, but they didn't really pull me away from the story. I was totally invested. I would definitely recommend the series if you're looking for something fun and adventurous to read and you don't mind the exaggerated pieces of the plot which you know wouldn't happen IRL. 


Just Keep Writing: Wednesday Whimsy

It's time for another three-word prompt. Hooray! 

If this is your first time participating in such a writing exercise, you're in for a treat.

Rules:

  1. You can use any/all of the words and/or the photo in the prompt below to create a unique written work. Fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, even lyrics are acceptable.  
  2. Please keep the material you write clean (ie. nothing R-rated or worse) if you wish to share the link to your work here, as well as if you link back to my site. I strive to keep my site free of such things. My readers know and expect this. I respect your right to write whatever you feel you need to write. And you're free to use my prompts. But if your material is graphic, I'd rather not view it, and most of my readers will not wish to. 
  3. Have fun! This type of exercise is perfect for growing in the writing craft, or for helping through a rough patch in your current WIP. If you're looking to push your author limits and you normally write in nonfiction prose, try a whimsical collection of lyrics. If you normally write poems about real life events, try your hand at a fanfic. Give yourself some room to explore.

Don't forget to leave a link to your creation (unless you're writing graphic material) so my readers and I can check out your work. I'd appreciate a link back to this post to help me reach more readers, but it's not required.

Photo by Sean Valentine

This week I'm featuring Sean Valentine. Check out Sean's awesome gallery on Pexels.com! 


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoy the book reviews and the prompt. Happy reading and creating!

Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts