Book Notes: September 21, 2022 - Cowboy Romance

 Welcome back, Readers! Today, though I'm late getting this to you, I have a couple of cowboy romance tales to share with you. One is historical American West. The other is contemporary. I enjoyed these. Maybe you'll see one you find interesting. Let's get to it!


Book Review: The Rancher Takes a Cook (Texas Rancher Trilogy 1) by Misty M. Beller

The Rancher Takes a Cook (Texas Rancher Trilogy #1)The Rancher Takes a Cook by Misty M. Beller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars
I enjoyed reading this book by Misty M. Beller. She's fast becoming a new favorite author. I liked how the MCs were just living their lives and their love grew in a more natural way. I also liked the secondary characters. The author had me fooled once, thinking I'd figured out who the rustlers were. Well done there! If you're looking for clean historical romance with a healthy dose of faith, then this book may be just what you're looking for.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Wrangling the Cowboy's Heart by Ellie Hall

Wrangling the Cowboy's HeartWrangling the Cowboy's Heart by Ellie Hall
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cute Story

This was a cute romcom. I laughed at a few spots. The puns run rampant with this one, so if you don't like that, choose a different book. But if you think puns are great fun, you need a lighthearted book to ease a hectic day, or you just enjoy clean romance, then do try this one.

View all my reviews
Sorry this is a short post today. I totally forgot about blogging and it's no wonder. Adding softball to our schedule has really stepped up our coming and going. 

But the good news is, our team won last night's game! We needed a pick-me-up since the first game of our season didn't go nearly as well. The next game will be tough, too. But it was nice to see our practices have been paying off. 

It's nice, too, to have an activity our whole family can participate in, even now that two of our children are adults and our youngest is almost there. I'm not missing out on a moment of that, no matter how much I enjoy writing the stories stuck up in my head. 😁

Check back later this week to see writing prompts and an update on my writing journey, as well as get another chapter or two of the short story I'm writing from the first prompt I shared a little while back. 

I hope you see something you'd like to try reading. If you've read these books, I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts on them. In either case, why not share in the comments below? 

Until next time...
Turn the page...



Comments

Popular Posts