Book Notes: July 6, 2022 - Leah Atwood - Mail Order Matches

 Welcome back! I've got three short book reviews for you today, all by my friend Leah Atwood. I enjoy her historical, inspirational romance stories when I'm looking for something relaxing and encouraging to read. There's always a happy ending and her characters do learn and grow throughout the stories. My posted reviews are short, so I'll elaborate on them here.

Book Review: The Not Quite Mail-Order Bride (Mail Order Matches series) by Leah Atwood

The Not Quite Mail-Order BrideThe Not Quite Mail-Order Bride by Leah Atwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Just What I Was Looking For

This book was exactly what I was looking for. It was a sweet romance, includes faith, and it was a quick read.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Unbridled Bride (Mail Order Matches series) by Leah Atwood


The Unbridled Bride (Mail-Order Matches)The Unbridled Bride by Leah Atwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Very Pleasant Short Romance Tale

I'm so happy I chose this book. The characters were interesting and it was nice to watch their story unfold. It's a quick, clean romance, so if that's your preference, do give this book a try.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Ultimatum Bride (Mail Order Matches series) by Leah Atwood

The Ultimatum Bride (Mail-Order Matches)The Ultimatum Bride by Leah Atwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Exactly What I Was Looking For

I picked this up because I was looking for a clean, short romance novella. I was familiar with the author and knew she follows through on her promise to leave the reader with a smile. Give it a try if you're looking for something quick and heart-warming.

View all my reviews

It's become necessary for me to keep my reviews for Leah's work short and focused on the things I liked about the books. Why? Because Amazon's rating system isn't the greatest or more accurate when it comes to sorting good books from bad. 

Having said that, these books really are good books. There are typos, but that happens even in books from publishing houses. The typos didn't keep me from enjoying these historical romance stories. The last two I shared were my favorites. I think it's safe to say they are my favorites from the whole series. 

Another thing to note is that though these are in a series, they are stand alone novels and can be read in any order. You may come across mention of characters from other books in the series, but none of the stories hinges on knowledge gained from any of the other books. 

If you're looking for a quick, inspirational, clean, historical romance novel which will indeed leave you smiling at the end, then these would probably be a great enjoyment for you. I do highly recommend you give them a try. 

Thank you so much for stopping by to see what I've been reading. I hope you spot something which piques your interest. If you decide to read one of these, or if you've already read them, please comment below and let me know the which ones and whys. 

I'll be back on Friday to update you on my writing progress with Surge, what's going on with The Tale of Outh'n Durr, and how I feel this Camp Nano is going. 

Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts