Author Journey: July 8, 2022 - Camp Nano Progress & Kitten Update

 Welcome back! I'm happy to say there's been some progress on all fronts but one. I'll elaborate as you continue reading on...


Author Journey: Camp Nano, Surge, and The Tale of Outh'n Durr

The Tale of Outh'n Durr

I'm so happy that The Tale of Outh'n Durr is ready for publishing. The only thing is, I've hit a little roadblock. I have people asking for hard copies of the book and I'm having trouble finding a print on demand service that fits my needs. 

I thought Draft2Digital was going to work, but now I'm not so sure. Turns out their proof copies are way over my budget. I could go back to Lulu, but they are extremely pushy with marketing calls. I'll keep you all posted on this part of the process. I'm also having trouble getting the book's copyright registered, but that will happen soon.

Camp Nano - Progress on Surge

As for Camp Nano, I've made some decent progress on the current round of editing. I have a question, though. (It's rhetorical, though, so please don't answer it. XD) Should you end up with more words in a chapter than when you started? ...Yeah... It's proving to be that kind of an edit, which means I'll have to edit a few more times. Still, progress is being made. 


 As you can see, I'm staying fairly close to my goal for each day. I've chosen, once again, to not write on Saturdays to honor the Sabbath day. That makes my daily goal harder, especially since I set my goal for 80k words. However, since it's an edit, the work isn't quite as immense as putting together a completely new draft. 


Writer's Life - Kitten Update

Spartacus and Dusk are about as opposite as their coloring. I joke about how we should've called them Yin and Yang, except their coloring is opposite of what it should be...though I guess that would've fit our merry band of misfits. XD 

Spartacus is high energy, alert to every sight and sound, and fights sleep. Dusk is super chill most of the time, though she does find the strangest things which are out of place and attacks them. Right now, he's had to be put in the kennel to nap because he fights sleep. She's sleeping atop the pillow at my back. 

Spartacus has bonded with our youngest daughter, which is good, because she's been wanting a pet that would bond with her. And Dusk has bonded with me. It's going to be interesting watching them grow and learn what it means to be a part of our family. :) 

Here's a little video for you. Our grocery order came in yesterday and as I unloaded the box (which is filled with bio-degradable brown paper packing material), I had a wonderful idea. I piled all that on the floor and then, with a mischievous gleam in my eye, I prompted my husband, "Let them out." This is what happened...


Looks like fun, right? XD


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I'm sorry the post is a little bit late, but I'm happy it's out there. Maybe it even brought a smile to your face and some joy to your heart. 

Come back next Wednesday for another round of book reviews. Hope to see you there!

Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts