Book Notes: June 8, 2022 - Sweet Contemporary Romance

 Welcome back! I've got a couple of sweet contemporary romance novellas to share with you. They're short but pretty good for newsletter freebies. I hope you'll see something you like. On with the reviews!

Book Review: South of Skye (Meet Me in Scotland, #1) by Mandi Blake

South Of Skye (Meet Me In Scotland, #1)South Of Skye by Mandi Blake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Actually 4.75 stars for a smattering of small typos, but this story was great, anyway. The author did a wonderful job of keeping the story on target and filled the pages with exactly the right information to keep readers turning pages. If you enjoy sweet, contemporary romance with a dash of faith rounding out the tale, then I recommend this book to you.

View all my reviews

Mandi Blake is one of my favorite authors these days, especially when it comes to contemporary romance that is clean. She does an excellent job and this book, while not long, does show her mettle as a solid author. 

Book Review: Spring's Promise (Heart of Ireland, #1) by Marion Ueckermann

Spring's Promise (Heart of Ireland, #1)Spring's Promise by Marion Ueckermann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As free newsletter sign-up novellas go, I think this might've been the best one I've read. I think I counted two typos. That's amazingly good. This story is short, but I didn't want to put it down. I enjoyed getting to know the MCs, sorrowed over the broken family relationship, and loved the ending.
If you're looking for a quick read which has some romance, action, and faith blended together in the plot, then I recommend this book to you.

View all my reviews

Again, I've read work by this author before. I expected at least a solid story. Marion Ueckermann's talent really showed through in this freebie. 
These two authors have gone the extra mile to market their work. Just because a story is short doesn't mean you can short-change readers and get away with it. These two understand that and I am forever grateful. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I appreciate your support and encouragement. Come back Friday to see what's been going on in my writing journey and in my life in general. I'll have another update on the kittens, too. 

Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts