Book Notes: June 29, 2022 - Historical Romance

 Welcome back! I have some contemporary romances to share with you today. Both are sweet, clean romances. One of them is more inspirational. Maybe you'll see something you'd like to add to your TBR. Let's get to the reviews...


Book Review: A Fella For Frances (Lilac City Novella Series book 4) by Donna K Weaver

A Fella for Frances (Lilac City Novella Series Book 4)A Fella for Frances by Donna K. Weaver
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Worth the Wait

I read the first book in this series last year, I think. I thought Frances was awesome and made a mental note to read her story as soon as I could. I'm so glad I did! The only thing I hated about it was the misspelling of "y'all." If you enjoy sweet, clean, adventurous, historical romance, then I recommend this book to you.

View all my reviews

Quick tip: When using apostrophes, remember the apostrophe is placed where the missing letters were. Is not becomes isn't because the 'o' was removed. You all becomes y'all since the 'ou' was removed. 

This whole series is probably awesome. I've read the first and fourth books. I will eventually read the rest of the series. I just had to know Frances' story and couldn't wait as long as it would take to buy and read the second and third books. Ever been there? 

 Book Review: Bride by Chance (Chance Creek Brides #1)

Bride By Choice (Chance Creek Brides #1)Bride By Choice by Mary L. Briggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lovely Story, Sweet Romance

This short romance novel had just the right blend of sweetness, adventure, romance, and faith. The only issue I had with it was the word 'breath' being used instead of the word 'breathe'. Other than that, I loved it. I was hooked from the beginning.
If you enjoy sweet, inspirational romance with a bit of adventure, I recommend this book to you.

View all my reviews

Quick tip: Breath is the noun. Breathe is the verb.

I know this a very short review. To be fair, it was probably very late when I finished reading them. These are both what you'd typically expect in an inspirational, historical, romance novella. They are both great ways to pass the time in a positive way. 

 

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you found something you'll want to read. If you've read these before, what did you think? Let me know in the comments below. 

I hope you'll stop in on Friday to see what's coming up in my author life. Camp Nano begins July 1, too! I'm looking forward to continuing the editing work on book 2 in the Children of Y'Dahnndrya series. And I'll also have a little update on our kittens.

Turn the page... 

Comments

Popular Posts