Author Journey - June 17, 2022 - Writing and Kitten Update

 Welcome back! I'm happy to report some progress to you on both the writing and kitten fronts. As I type this, I actually have Miss Dusk sitting on my lap. She's extremely curious about my keyboard. It makes sounds. And Spartacus just made himself at home on top of the pillow at my back. 


Writing Update: The Tale of Outh'n Durr - Editing Progress

I've been able to keep up the editing on The Tale of Outh'n Durr, in spite of VBS taking up something like 4.5 hours every day this week. As of Wednesday, when I'm typing this, I'm up to chapter 13 and expect to finish at least that chapter today. While that doesn't seem like much, I'm celebrating the small victories. 

My plan is to try to get at least one chapter done tomorrow, and another on Friday. If I can accomplish that, great! If not, at least I will have made some progress I can be proud of. 

Kitten Update: Separate Kennels!

Our precious, loud, precocious, balls of fluff have been settling into life in our home. They've been discovering all sorts of things which have been hidden from our view as they explore nooks and crannies I wouldn't even dare to glance at. 

We've had to put them in separate kennels at night and for short times during the day or when we have to be out of the house. Spartacus tries to nurse at Dusk's eye because we had to treat it with warm milk for a while. As a result, a blister formed. 

That's healing nicely since we've separated them. They aren't so very happy about the separation, but it's necessary for now. They get to play together often, so that soothes my soul a bit. 

In any case, here's your kitten update video for this week. 

Because you can see the box in the background, and because you may have seen the box before, just know that we do shop with Misfits Market and love the program. 

Great things about it:

  • No monthly fee
  • Produce is always fresh
  • Haven't gotten a bad avocado yet
  • Reusable cold packs are handy to keep around
  • And I'm sure my family is getting the best produce we can
  • Price that fits our budget - haven't found a better price locally yet
Not so great things about it:

  • It's a bit cumbersome to have to be on-point every week. I prefer Thrive Market's monthly shipments. With fresh produce, weekly really is the best way to ensure the products are fresh, so I'm resigned to that. 
  • The auto-filled cart - I'd rather just fill it myself since I have such a particular diet. However, if you can eat /anything/ and love variety, the auto-filled cart would be a great thing, I think.
If you're interested, you can use this link to get to their site. If you decide to try to program through my link, we'll both get a $10 discount added to our carts. 

No pressure, though. I'm only adding this because the box shows up in my kitten video so clearly today. There was no way to hide it without also hiding the kittens at some point. It is what it is...


So if you wondered more about my author life, yes, I do try to eat well and stay healthy by monitoring my diet first and foremost. It is so true that we are what we eat. 

I think that's why I included such a huge emphasis on organic living in my first fantasy book. Keeping our world and our bodies healthy is very important to me. And I feel like that lines up with a scriptural directive. You can find it in Genesis 2:15 and 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. There are other scriptures relating to this, but these two really stand out to me. 

Thanks for taking the time to read today's post. Next Wednesday, I'll share a couple more book reviews with you. Hope you'll stop by again!

Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts