Book Notes: Book Reviews - Calle J. Brookes

 I have a couple of contemporary romance novels to share with you this week, as well as something I'm currently reading. With all the coming and going we've been doing, it's been hectic trying to get posts out regularly. I'm just glad I'm able to post! I hope you will see something that will interest you in this post, though I must confess, I hope it's the book I'm currently reading. You'll likely see what I mean after reading through the reviews. 


Book Review: Discovering the Doctor (Masterson County, #2) by Calle J. Brookes

Discovering the Doctor (Masterson County, #2)Discovering the Doctor by Calle J. Brookes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kept Me Reading

This book was good. Language was a bit more rough than I like. While there was sex, it wasn't graphic or excessive. For the language, I deducted half a star, but it rounds up to five.
I enjoyed the plot. The author wrote her characters pretty well, too. Watching Pip grow and overcome obstacles kept me turning pages.
If you enjoy suspenseful romance with protective heroes and fierce women, you might enjoy this story.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Ruining the Rancher (Masterson County, #3) by Calle J. Brookes


Ruining the Rancher (Masterson County, #3)Ruining the Rancher by Calle J. Brookes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Enjoyable Story

I'm enjoying the series so far. Each time I think I've reached the last book I'll read in the set, I find myself wanting to know what happens to the rest of the characters. None of these books will be an actual 5-star read for me. My personal preference is for the hero and heroine wait for sex until after they're married. But at least it's not excessive or the total focus of these stories. There's also a smattering of cussing. For those two things, I'm deducting half a star. If you don't want to read any of that, you should skip this book.
I saw a couple of reviews which mentioned the heroines' names in a negative light. I love them, though. I also love how these families stick together.
If you enjoy a good story and some colorful and interesting characters, then you might enjoy this book.

View all my reviews

Currently Reading: The Masquerade (Legacy of Love #1)


For some reason, there are two editions that pop up on Goodreads, so I marked the one I think is the original edition. That's why this one still says 'want to read' instead of 'currently reading.' 

I've had this book for a while and just waiting forever to open it up. I'm enjoying it so far, though I'm less than a quarter of the way through. This one is proving to be more like what I look for in a romance story. Time will tell, though. If you've read it, I'd love to hear what you thought of it.
Thank y'all so much for stopping by today! I hope you will take a chance on a little known book or author some time in the near future. I think as time goes on, it's going to get harder and harder to find quality books to read, especially for those who cling to the truths of the Bible, of the Gospel as preached and taught by Messiah Yeshua, himself, and then by His disciples. I think we sometimes forget, just because we don't like a truth, that doesn't automatically turn it into a lie and vice versa. 

If you are a Christian, and you hold to the truths of the Bible, I strongly encourage you to read more books by authors who profess the same thing within their works. If an author says they believe a certain way, but writes according to what will make them more money, even if it violates their own principles, then that should be a red flag to us. 

Thanks for taking the time to read today. I appreciate that. 

Turn the page...

Comments

Popular Posts