Book Notes: March 2, 2022 - Cat Cahill Historical Romance Special Post

 Welcome back! Since this post is late going out anyway, I thought I might get more reviews to all you awesome readers. Today's offerings all come from Cat Cahill's sweet, historical romance series called The Gilbert Girls. I really enjoyed reading each book in the series and I hope you'll be encouraged to check them out, especially if you love a sweet, historical romance story. 


Cat Cahill - The Gilbert Girls Series

Book Review: Building Forever (The Gilbert Girls #1) 

Building Forever (The Gilbert Girls, #1)Building Forever by Cat Cahill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved It!

This book was exactly what I needed. I enjoyed it so much. The damsel was in distress, but not letting that stop her. The hero was strong and masculine without being a brute. As for historical accuracy, if it wasn't accurate in some way, I missed it. The dialog wasn't riddled with modern slang. Thank you, Cat Cahill! And it was a clean read. If you enjoy sweet, clean historical romance, then you'll probably enjoy this book.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Running From Forever (The Gilbert Girls #2)

Running From Forever (The Gilbert Girls, #2)Running From Forever by Cat Cahill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wonderful Story & Characters

I've enjoyed reading the Gilbert Girls series so much. Adventure, romance, strong yet feminine heroines, masculine heroes with integrity & heart, these are only a few of the reasons. It's refreshing to read a historical fiction novel set in the American West which aligns with that era in both setting and dialog.
This particular book kept me interested because I had to know what Caroline was running from and how Thomas' dilemma would be solved.
This series is clean, sweet romance which would appeal to many romance readers, I think.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Wild Forever (The Gilbert Girls #3)

Wild Forever (The Gilbert Girls, #3)Wild Forever by Cat Cahill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Good Enough to Re-read

I'd read this book before and I'm pretty sure I reviewed it on Goodreads. I think, though, that Goodreads and Amazon hadn't merged yet.
In any case, this book was just as fun the second time as it was the first. Not just one feisty female, but two make this book a little more unique. I loved seeing Penny grow through the book. The ending was satisfying, if on the more fanciful side. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
If you enjoy sweet, clean, historical romance with a healthy dose of adventure, then I recommend this book.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Hidden Forever (The Gilbert Girls #4)

Hidden Forever (The Gilbert Girls, #4)Hidden Forever by Cat Cahill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Such a Relaxing Read

I've enjoyed working my way through this series. This story was a little different than what I'd expected. I won't spoil that for future readers, though. The mystery was interesting, as was the way the story unfolded. I've grown to love the characters, but I must confess this hero has been my least favorite so far. He's still a great guy, just not my favorite in the series.
If you enjoy clean, historical romance which is easy to read and people with a loveable cast of characters, I recommend this book and the series.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Forever Christmas (The Gilbert Girls #5)

Forever Christmas (The Gilbert Girls, #5)Forever Christmas by Cat Cahill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Short, Sweet, and Enjoyable Romance

I really enjoyed reading this historical romance. It was clean with a light inspirational touch, and I really felt for these MCs. It's short, so it seems to move pretty quickly from the time the hero and heroine meet, but I found it to be an enjoyable plot anyway.
If you enjoy sweet, clean, historical romance, then give this one a try.

View all my reviews

Book Review: On the Edge of Forever (The Gilbert Girls #6)

On the Edge of Forever(The Gilbert Girls Book 6)On the Edge of Forever by Cat Cahill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An Excellent Finish to a Lovely Series

This story about Edie was good! I wasn't sure how I'd like it at first, but quickly made up my mind. Romance, adventure, and a cast of well-crafted characters made this book enjoyable for me. And the fact that it's a clean romance was much appreciated.
If you enjoy sweet, clean, historical romance, then you might like this one.

View all my reviews

I know this is a longer book review post than what you're probably used to. I also realize all of the reviews I wrote for these are short. I read the third and fifth books long before I read the others. I just had to wait until I could afford to purchase them. They're well worth the affordable sum the author is asking and I do highly recommend them to anyone who loves clean, sweet historical romance. 

Having said all that, do be aware there are probably a few typos. It's almost impossible to catch them all, even for a professional. But when it comes to indie authors, many times you have to go with the editor you can afford, rather than the one who may do a better job. I've certainly read some books which are terribly put together, but these are not among that unillustrious number. 

Each of the stories is about a different Gilbert Girl and they are extremely different from each other. They all dream of marriage someday, or at least did at one time. They all have different reasons for becoming a Gilbert Girl. And their heroes are just as varied as they are. This is what made the series enjoyable for me. Order of preference for me looks something like this: #5, #1, #6, #3, #2, and #4. 

I love reading about people in a town, seeing the life they lead (without too many details, thankyouverymuch), and learning how they interact with each other. It's also great to read a book which puts forth quality behavior as something we should strive toward, rather than hold them in contempt. These books fell into both categories for me quite nicely. So while I put the books in an order of preference, they still got 5-star ratings from me.

If you've read this far, thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog today. Did you see something you think you might enjoy?  Have you read any in this series? If you want to read them, or if you have, I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to post in the comments below. 

Just a note...life's been even more crazy than usual for the past couple of months. I'm hoping it's getting back to usual around our house. However, because I'm playing catch-up on some other things, I may not be able to post on Friday, even though I really want to. Your prayers are appreciated!

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts