Book Notes: March 16, 2022

 Welcome back for another round of book reviews! This week, I'm happy to share something I've read with you in the hopes you'll find new authors or new books to try out. The two I've chosen today are sweet, clean, contemporary romance stories. One of them leans more toward the inspirational genre, but it's certainly not over-the-top. Read on to find out what I thought about them. 


Book Review: Love at Rosecrown Ranch (Rosecrown Ranch Book 1) by Ruth Pendleton

Love At Rosecrown Ranch: Rosecrown Ranch Book OneLove At Rosecrown Ranch: Rosecrown Ranch Book One by Ruth Pendleton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Sweet, Cozy Romance

If you're looking for a light, cozy, romance story that's easy to read, this could be a good choice for you. I enjoyed almost everything about the story. The extreme nature of the MC's early days together seemed a bit over-the-top. That could just be me, though. I did like that they eventually talked to each other about different things. I also liked that it was a clean read.
Overall, this was a good book. I don't know if I'll read more in the series, though.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Seeking Home (Family Bonds  book 1) by Carolyne Aarsen


Seeking Home (Family Bonds Book 1)Seeking Home by Carolyne Aarsen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Good, Cozy Romance

What a sweet story! Watching the MCs grow as individuals was a joy, especially as they put trust in God to help them along the way. The book is a good read, nice and cozy, perfect for relaxing at the end of a long day. If you enjoy clean, sweet, inspirational romance, this could be enjoyable for you.

View all my reviews

Yes. These are extremely short reviews, even for me. Honestly, I didn't want to give too much of the stories away. These were both easy to read, easy to see in my head as I was reading. Of the two, the second one was closer to what I look for in a romance story, especially as the MCs both dealt with some experiences that enabled them to act more maturely than what I see in a lot of these new romance novels that are flooding the market. It was also more inspirational in nature and that's something else that appeals to me. 

One thing I don't understand is why romance authors seem to think a sweet, clean romance story must also be lacking in substance. It boggles my mind. *shrugs*

Still, both these stories took me to other places and each author spun a decent yarn. I'd recommend you give them a try if you enjoy a cozy reading type of book which is easy on the mind and sweet for the heart. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today! It makes me happy to share the books I discover with you. Let me know what you think about these two. If you've already read them, what did you think? Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts on these books.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts