Book Notes: February 8, 2022 - Linda K. Rodante

 Welcome back! I'm excited to share another couple of romantic suspense books with you. These have a wonderful message in them as well, so if you enjoy inspirational suspense romance, please check these out! 


Book Review: Roar (Spiritual Warfare #2) by Linda K. Rodante

ROAR: Contemporary Christian Romantic Suspense (Spiritual Warfare Series Book 2)ROAR: Contemporary Christian Romantic Suspense by Linda K. Rodante
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An Excellent Story!

After I got this book, I let it sit in my queue for a week or so. I wish I hadn't waited so long! It turned out to be a really awesome story. I loved the way it ended and was invested in the characters almost immediately. One thing that helped, I think, was that I'm a misfit among misfits and I have a heart for others who fit that category.
Tackling the spiritual warfare angle in a story could be super tricky and come off preachy or cooky. This story skirted the edges but avoided that pitfall. I applaud the author for her poignant scripture references and the courage to write on a topic many modern Christians won't touch with a 10 foot pole. Personally, I've been feeling kicked down. That's another reason I'm glad to have read this. I'm reminded of who I am and Whose I am and encouraged to keep going.
If you enjoy rich, inspirational, suspense romance, then I highly recommend this book.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Amber Alert (Dangerous #1) by Linda K. Rodante


Amber Alert (Dangerous #1)Amber Alert by Linda K. Rodante
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Very Well Done

I've been enjoying Linda K. Rodante's style in her inspirational suspense romance stories. This one really had me guessing, even though I was fairly certain early in the book who the culprit was. I like how the author weaves the faith element into her stories. She's great at creating characters I'd actually love to meet. They're usually relatable, too.
If you're into clean, inspirational, suspense romance, then I recommend this book.

View all my reviews

I love a good romantic suspense story as long as it's clean. I don't mind gore if it fits the story. I prefer stories without negative excess of graphic sex, violence, gore, and crude language. These two books went the extra mile for me in offering an encouraging spiritual message as well. 

Of these two, my favorite is Roar but both are good. I saved the other two books in the Spiritual Warfare series to my Kindle library as samples. I can't wait to read them!

Having said that, I may not read the follow-up story which talks more about the couple in Amber Alert. I just don't really like "part two" of love stories, generally. I do think it'll be a good suspense, though. Maybe when I'm in the mood for that, more than the romance aspect, I'll check it out. The Dangerous series includes several books and I'm strongly considering reading the others.

Thank you so much for taking the time to check out these book reviews. I hope you'll find something to your liking and give a new author a try. 

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts