Author Journey: February 25, 2022 - Oi!

 Welcome back! We woke up to rainy, soggy, windy, and cold weather today. It makes me so sluggish. I want to curl up in bed with a good book and a mug of tea or coffee. That's not possible though. There's work to be done and it can't be neglected. Even if I am exhausted.


Author Journey: Update

There's really not much to update. Even posting blogs has been a struggle this week. We're in the process of decluttering and seed-starting. And those aren't the only things keeping me from my writing work. 

Since the beginning of the year, my husband was laid off from probably the best-paying job he's ever had, our oldest daughter was in two major wrecks (docs saw pix and said they all should've died), and my brother-in-law passed away. 

What am I learning? Life doesn't get easier. People get stronger through adversity. I'm exhausted, but I intend to keep pressing on. I have goals and I want to meet them. I also want what God wants for me, though. If that ends up being different, I'm good with that. 

I'm focusing on Outh'n's cover art. As soon as that's done, I can register that copyright and get the publishing process started. Once that's out, I can refocus on Surge. I can see the end goal. I can. But it's like I'm slogging through the Swamps of Sadness or something. <sigh>

Please pray for me to have strength, wisdom, and knowledge to continue at a healthy pace.


Short post, I know, but I hope you'll cut me some slack. I'd love to get away for a while, just be able to rest and breathe. I know that will happen at some point. In the mean time, we'll struggle through the havoc the roller-coaster weather is wreaking on our allergies and the weight of all the seemingly negative things that have happened. 

I know God's working something good in each person in my family and we know we'll see my brother-in-law again in Heaven. So it's not all negative and I choose thankfulness today.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts