Book Notes: December 24th - Holiday Romance Reviews

 Welcome back for another round of book reviews! I have a couple of sweet & clean holiday romances to share with you today. I must confess to getting tired of authors giving mostly these types of books to their readers as free offerings. When you can't spend a dime on books, and this is all you can get, you take it. But it gets old really quickly. However, there may be something in today's post which catches your eye. Maybe, just maybe, you're looking for a quick, light, easy-to-read book you can cozy up next to a fire with (or in your fave blanket or with your snuggly pet). In any case, I hope you'll enjoy the book reviews and maybe end up with an inexpensive book which will most likely leave you smiling at the end. 

Book Review: Forever Christmas (The Gilbert Girls #5) by Cat Cahill


Forever Christmas (The Gilbert Girls, #5)Forever Christmas by Cat Cahill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Short, Sweet, and Enjoyable Romance

I really enjoyed reading this historical romance. It was clean with a light inspirational touch, and I really felt for these MCs. It's short, so it seems to move pretty quickly from the time the hero and heroine meet, but I found it to be an enjoyable plot anyway.
If you enjoy sweet, clean, historical romance, then give this one a try.

View all my reviews

I've been avoiding burnout on this series by spreading them out over time. They are affordable ebooks (thank goodness!) and pretty quick reads. The sweetness factor in this one leans heavily toward the heartstring-puller side. I really like that because I can get totally immersed into a story with a hero or heroine who has been dealt a few rough blows in life. My own life hasn't been like that, by the grace and mercy of God, but I do know what heartache feels like. This couple of MCs certainly has their share. Give it a try if you're looking for something easy-to-read with a happy ending.

Book Review: Mail Order Holly (Cooper Creek Mail Order Brides #3) by Charlotte Dearing


Mail Order Holly (Copper Creek Mail Order Brides, #3)Mail Order Holly by Charlotte Dearing
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a Sweet Story!

Perfect cozy reading for the holiday season, this was such a sweet story. I loved the MCs and found them easy to relate to. I had fun getting to know them. I liked this book so much, I'll definitely read books 1 & 2. If you enjoy clean, sweet, inspirational, and historical romance, then you'll probably enjoy this book, too.

View all my reviews

Gosh...more very short reviews... I must confess to some very late nights with these, I think. Lately, it's been a fight to get to sleep, or rather a fight to stay awake. For some reason, my mind keeps fighting sleep. *shrugs* Whatever the case, I'm thankful for ebooks which allow me to read in way that doesn't disturb those who are trying to sleep. 

Charlotte Dearing is an interesting author. I do like her style and that she keeps her books clean. That makes so much more historical sense to me than books which claim to be historical but include elements that wouldn't be acceptable during that time period unless you were writing about saloon girls and unfortunate situations. You could claim them as altiverse stories, or perhaps Steampunk/Dieselpunk or the like. 

Some of Charlotte's books are heavier on the inspirational factor than others. One of my favorites by her is much lighter on that element. But this story was a good one and tackles the mail order bride from a little different angle. If you like mail order bride stories, but are tired of the same old-same old, then Holly's adventure might be fun for you. 


Thank you so much for reading today's post! I hope you'll see something which piques your interest. As for me, I have to get things done around the house and prepare for an evening of Christmas carolling with my church group. My daughters and I are going to bake some GF snickerdoodles, the only cookie I've managed to bake which comes close to 'cookie' and still remain edible. To be clear, the others have been edible, just not very cookie-like. 🤷 I'll be posting again on Friday. Hope you'll come back to check it out!

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts