Author Journey: December 24, 2021 - Happy Christmas Eve & Merry Christmas

Welcome back! This post is going to be super short. I don't want to keep you from any festivities you may have planned. I do hope restrictions aren't keeping you from the joy and fun. But if they are, scroll back through my book review offerings and see if something doesn't catch your eye. When all else fails, there are always books to help us escape, right?


Author Journey: Writing Update

Over the next few days, I'm going to be editing the first few chapters of The Crash of Waves so I can share it with my subscribers. That's going to be the sixth installment in my Children of Y'Dahnndrya series. I think. Yeah, I know. You "have" to make a plan before you start these things. *sigh* I didn't. *shrugs* I rarely go the way everyone else does. Yes, it makes things harder for me. No, I apprently do not learn the same way others probably do. It is what it is.

If I'd been on my game for real this year and not trying to read all the books which were ever written in that same time frame, I would be posting a picture of my cover here. Alas, there is no cover for this book as of yet. I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head. We'll see.

 I still need to get the other covers finalized. That's been a real headache. How does one manage to get a title onto a cover which can still be read as a thumbnail? This has been the most difficult challenge for The Tale of Outh'n Durr to date. 

On another page entirely, I've started making some D&D characters. I've got a couple which I'm going to enjoy gaming with, if I can ever find a group which I fit with, and at least one who's going to drive me bananas. XD But they'll all just be ideas until I actually get to play. We'll see. 


Holiday Time at Robin's House

I don't think I've been this excited about Christmas in a good many years. It's probably been at least 10 years or longer. I'm not generally an exuberant kind of soul. I'm pretty down-to-earth and very much a realist. But I do love shiny things, and that includes Christmas lights and tinsel. I hate tinsel garlands, though. 

For the first time in years, we have Christmas lights up on our house. It's not fancy because we didn't have time and I'm only just building my stock of the lights, but it's cute. 

We bought a new artificial tree. It's a little smaller than our previous one, but it's super cute. And the lights are LED battery powered strands. I love how it all came together. 

We always have something disappear each year. It's usually one of our stocking hooks. Along with a couple of those hooks, we lost three of my handmade stockings. I'm NOT pleased about that. *sigh* It is what it is. I'll keep looking.

I'm going to experiment in making cinnamon sugar/cream cheese scones this year for Christmas breakfast. I'm not certain how they'll come out but it should be a fun experiment. Making GF anything is always an adventure. 

Today (the day I'm prepping this post) I'm getting prepared to make snickerdoodles and warm, spiced milk for Christmas carolling later with my church. My sinuses are acting up, though, and if the weather turns nasty, I won't be able to go. We'll see. 

I even bought a new dress for Christmas Sunday...which was last Sunday...which was rainy and cold and nasty. Therefore, my Christmas dress may turn out to be my Easter Sunday dress, if I can wait that long to wear it. LOL



And for the first time in years, I feel like there's an exciting gift for each of our family members under the tree which they will absolutely love. 

God has been showering us with some fun blessings this year. We've done our best to be patient and wait on His timing and it's been paying off. 

Are you ready for the holidays? If you don't celebrate Christmas, what winter holiday do you celebrate? Feel free to share in the comment section. Disrepectful or hateful comments will be removed, so please keep things friendly. :) 



From our home to yours, we wish you a happy Christmas eve, and a very merry Christmas day full of joy and blessings. See you next week!

 

Comments

Popular Posts