Special Holiday Post: Thanksgiving 2021

 I know I missed yesterday's post and I don't know that I want to struggle to post on Friday when I'll probably be wanting to just chill with family. I did however want to wish all my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving. 

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I love Pusheen the cat. I also love pumpkin pie and I'm really going to miss being able to eat it this year. I made pumpkin spice cookies instead. They came out really well and I think they'd be extra tasty with some whipped cream so I may try making some of that, too. 


 

NaNoWriMo 2021 - Week 4 Update


I've been reading and writing like a mad fiend this month and have made such progress on my story that I can't believe how well it's coming along. There are a few chapters I'd classify as worthless fluff, but most of them have some quality words I can work with when it's time to complete the first edit. 

As you can see, I got in a good word count on Wednesday. I'm doing much better this time than I've done for the last few Nano events I participated in and I feel much more confident about this project than the last Nano project I worked on. That was my memoir. I think I needed a better plan than the one I had and it just kind fell flat for me. Still, at least I was writing and I am still writing. 

Book Review: The Mechanics of Mistletoe (Shiloh Ridge Ranch in Three Rivers #1) by Liz Isaacson

The Mechanics of Mistletoe (Shiloh Ridge Ranch in Three Rivers #1)

The Mechanics of Mistletoe by Liz Isaacson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent Story

This seemed a much more full story from Liz Isaacson. I really liked that and enjoyed these characters and how they live their faith, make mistakes, and work hard to right wrongs. I loved the sense of community and family which matches my own mindset. Of course, it's certainly not the norm in many places or families, which is sad, but it's so awesome to know I'm not the only one who thinks that would be awesome if there was more of it. Some readers may not like the large cast, but I thought it was wonderful. Loved the names of the brothers...how fun! I would definitely read more of this series.
I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys inspirational, contemporary romance.

View all my reviews


Book Review: Shiloh (Texas Boudreau Brotherhood, #7) by Kathy Ivan

 

Shiloh (Texas Boudreau Brotherhood, #7)

Shiloh by Kathy Ivan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An Enjoyable Romance

I've really enjoyed reading this series of stories. I love the closeness in the family and how the author discusses family in her writing. I also appreciate these are clean stories. This particular story was enjoyable because the MCs had so much compassion for victims. I love how fanciful the story was in some places, too. Like you know it's not going to happen in real life, but it's fun to imagine the "what if."
If you enjoy clean romance and action, you should check out this series.

View all my reviews


 

I hadn't originally thought I'd create a post so long when I sat down to write this time. But I've been reading far more than last year or the year before and I want to share my findings. It wouldn't surprise me if I hit 200 books this year. I mean, it will surprise me, but I'm sitting at 170+ books read right now so it's possible. 

I'm also going to leave things here for this week. I'll be back next Wednesday with the usual book review post and next Friday with my final stats for Nano 2021. Hope you'll stop in and see how things are coming along. 

Until next time... 

Comments

Popular Posts