Book Notes: November 17, 2021 - Historical Christian Romance

 I've got a couple of books in a historical Christian romance series to share with you today. I really like Linda Ford's way of incorporating faith into her characters' lives, rather than it being a token thing they do once a week or a token prayer every time they're in trouble. These are good fiction stories and the romance between the MCs is sweet and clean. The faith element is strong and enduring. Overall, these were a win for me. I hope when you read my reviews, they'll interest you and you'll want to give them a try, too.


Book Review: Dillon (Circle A Cowboys #1) by Linda Ford

Dillon (Circle A Cowboys #1)

Dillon by Linda Ford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Story of Forgiveness and Acceptance

This was a lovely story of forgiveness and acceptance. I've come to love Linda Ford's inspirational, historical romance novels. The characters she crafts are interesting and the plot keeps me reading. You know there's going to be that HEA, but the path to reach it is moving and usually riveting, at least for me. The faith element is strong without being too preachy and I love that. It shows me these characters are trying to live their faith rather than just speak things they've memorized.
If you enjoy faith-filled, historical romance, then I recommend you give this book a try.

View all my reviews

What I liked about this book was that the hero wasn't interested in marriage at all. The heroine, though unsure what direction to take, also had determined she wasn't going to marry and that no one would even attempt to love her if they knew the truth about her. I love the forgiveness in this story.

 Book Review: Mike (Circle A Cowboys #2) by Linda Ford

Mike (Circle A Cowboys #2)

Mike by Linda Ford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Sweet Story of Forgiveness and Love

This was such a sweet story of forgiveness and love. I enjoyed seeing the MCs grow throughout the book, becoming invested in them early and staying that way.
So far, I've read books 1 & 2 in the series and can say they were different enough I didn't feel like it was a pair of cookie cutter stories. The only thing I disliked in either book was the use of a more modern word or phrase in a couple of places. They didn't pull me out of the story but it was a tad jarring. They certainly didn't pull star value away.
If you enjoy sweet, inspirational romance, then I recommend reading this series.

View all my reviews

This book really tugged at my heartstrings, even more than book one did. The characters were so broken and I just wanted to give everyone a big hug and some words of encouragement. I was able to mention is this review that the author isn't immune to the need to pop in a few more modern slang phrases. I really dislike that in a novel that promoted as 'historical'. While I realize it needs to be readable for today's population, I also think it adds more to the authenticity of the characters if their speech matches the era they're living in. The fact that I will continue to read this series, I think, speaks for itself that Linda Ford's stories are awesome.


 Thanks so much for taking part of your valuable time to check out these reviews. I hope you'll find them interesting enough to want to try reading the books yourself. 

On Friday, I'll share more of my own writing journey and update my readers on my NaNoWriMo progress over the past week. See you then!

Comments

Popular Posts