Book Notes: October 13, 2021 - Mandi Blake Contemporary Romance Novels

 This week, I want to share a couple of books from one of my new favorite series, Blackwater Ranch a collection of contemporary Christian romances by Mandi Blake. This author has come a long way. I've read some of her early material and wasn't so impressed. Giving this series a try even after that was one of the best decisions I've made. So check these out!


Protected by the Cowboy (Blackwater Ranch #4) by Mandi Blake

Protected by the Cowboy (Blackwater Ranch #4)

Protected by the Cowboy by Mandi Blake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved it!

Sweet story + great characters = win! I really enjoyed reading this book. I felt like I could relate better to the hero, but there were a lot of relatable qualities in the heroine, too. Reading about the growth from friendship to true love between them was enjoyable, as was the faith element. I could certainly relate to the heroine's salvation experience, too, so that was pretty awesome.
If you enjoy sweet, inspirational romance, seasoned with a bit of tension, then you don't want to miss this story.

View all my reviews

To really appreciate this hero, you should read the books which come before it. They aren't necessary for understanding this particular story, but they'll enrich the hero's character for the reader. Micah is one of my favorite characters in the whole series, but then again, I tend to appreciate a person who shares the burden of being the oldest sibling. It's a burden I gladly carry, but it does come with that extra feeling of being responsible for lots of things. Lainey is also a character I could root for. I liked that she didn't stick around her ex when he showed he really didn't care about her at all. *Trigger warning: Lainey's abuse is talked about, though not in graphic detail. Just want to put that out there in case it might help someone who's considering this book. It does have a happy ending, though.

Book Review: Redeeming the Cowboy (Blackwater Ranch #6) by Mandi Blake

Redeeming the Cowboy: A Contemporary Christian Romance (Blackwater Ranch Book 6)

Redeeming the Cowboy: A Contemporary Christian Romance by Mandi Blake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Everything I Hoped...FTW!

I read the blurb and excerpt for this story and I was hooked. I love reading about broken characters, especially when they find healing in subtle ways through God's faithfulness. This story exceeded my expectations. I knew I'd like the plot. After reading the short pieces I mentioned before, I was already invested in the characters' lives. I wanted to know them better and see what kind of journey they'd take to reach their HEA. If you enjoy stories like this and appreciate sweet, clean, inspirational romance, then don't miss this book!

View all my reviews

First, I do believe this is Blackwater Ranch #6, though it doesn't specify that on the Goodreads page. It boggles my mind why this happens when Amazon and Goodreads are supposed to be working together. I'd think there'd be a way for the info to link, but I'm not so very techie that I'd know for sure. 

Second, I read this book before I read the other. Hunter's story tugged at my heartstrings from the get-go. And he could've gone down a different path in life, but I love how the author shows that the love of people who truly care can make a huge difference in a kid's life choices. Of all the heroines, I think I liked Felicity the least but for one other heroine, but that doesn't mean I didn't like her at all...maybe because she reminded me of some of the pieces of me I don't admire so much. Who knows? But I do think this was my favorite book in the whole series. It's closely followed by book 4. This one should also probably come with a trigger warning. The topics of drug abuse/overdose, as well as physical assault are talked about in this one.


 Thanks so much for stopping by today! If you're looking for a light-hearted romance, then this series isn't for you. But if you're looking for a richer, more down-to-earth romance, then do check it out. 

I don't have any more time to write today, but I'd highly recommend these books to anyone who enjoys a deeper type of romance story which includes characters who live their faith in their everyday lives and MCs who demonstrate admirable character traits. If that's something you think you'd enjoy, then do check these out.

Comments

Popular Posts