Author Journey: September 24, 2021

 Welcome back! Today's post is short and meant to bring out a smile today. I hope you'll come back next Wednesday for the final edition of my spotlight on Leah Atwood's books. She's a fellow independent author who writes both contemporary and historical inspirational romance. The contemporary books are usually a little longer than the historical ones, but they all leave you with a smile when you reach the end, just as she promises. 


So Whatcha Workin' On?

Well, I'm knocking out that cover art for The Tale of Outh'n Durr this week. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still need a good book blurb or story excerpt to put on the back, as well as learning about the dimensions for print copies at Draft2Digital. 

 The basic background and cover design are pretty solid, but for the specific tweaks on the title itself. Once that's done, I'll have a lovely wallpaper to share with my newsletter subscribers. If you're not subscribed yet and you'd like some free computer wallpapers and/or bookmarks you can download and print for your own personal use, you can use the link in the sidebar menu to sign up for my newsletter. I hate pop-up boxes so I never use them if there's another way around it.

Putting a book together is always a learning process because the methods and rules alter a little each year. It's sometimes daunting to try keeping up with it all. Indies definitely get kudos in  my book. They put in such a lot of work on their writing which isn't actual writing, unless they have a second job which affords them the luxury of delegating unsavory or tedious tasks to those paid to do them. I'm not among those with extra funds. *shrugs* It is what it is. I'm just happy to be inspired again.


 

What Inspires You?

Autumn inspires me. I don't know why but I have loved autumn for a long, long time. I think I've always loved costumes and milder ghost stories. Of course, October is the time for that. I've also loved Thanksgiving and harvest suppers where the menfolk gathered and swapped tall tales and "fish" stories. 

I love the crisp, invigorating air that we rarely get in Louisiana. It's cool enough to enjoy a campfire or firepit, but not so cold your nose turns red and your teeth chatter. I love listening to the breeze dancing with the trees, drinking warm spiced milk, and lighting a scented candle. Drinking coffee or tea takes on a whole different dimension in the cooler months, too. And the icing on the cake? The mosquitoes are at least manageable. 

So what inspires you? Care to share in the comments below? I'd love to hear what you have to say. 


 

And the Fun Bit

Now for that little bit of humor...

I wish I knew where this came from. I've had it for years. If you know where it came from, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. No links, just general website info or a creator's name and website would be most helpful. 


 Thanks so much for stopping to read my post today. I'm grateful for your encouragement and support. Please have a blessed and safe weekend!

Until next time...



Comments

Popular Posts