Book Notes: August 11, 2021 - Contemporary Romance

 Welcome back! In this week's edition of Book Notes, I've got a couple of contemporary romances to share with you, as well as one I'm adding to my TBR list. I hope you'll check these out and see something which you'll want to add to your reading list, too. 


Book Review: My Dear Prudence (Seven Virtues Ranch series) by Becky Doughty

My Dear Prudence

My Dear Prudence by Becky Doughty
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a Moving Tale!

This story was sweet and such a moving story. I found myself tearing up at several points. I also found it pretty easy to relate to both the hero & heroine, so that was a win. I loved the integrity of these characters, as well as their selfless attitudes and their desire to do the right thing.
If you're looking for a sweet love story with heart, then check this one out.

View all my reviews

I'm so sad the cover for this one isn't showing up on Goodreads. I read the Kindle edition. (That's how I read most books these days.) I grabbed the thumbnail from Amazon so you could see it and get an idea of what it looks like if you think you might want to give it a try. 

One thing I neglected to mention in my review is the reason I had an easier time relating to these two MCs. There's eight years difference between my husband and me. He was a volunteer helping with our youth group when I first met him. I can also imagine the stress involved in having to say no to someone you're interested in because of an age gap. It's makes for an interesting, rich story, though, especially if it's handled correctly. Becky Doughty did that very well, I thought. 

Book Review: Discovering Rafe (Stryker Security Force #5) by Sara Blackard

Discovering Rafe (Stryker Security Force #5)

Discovering Rafe by Sara Blackard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Page Turner

I loved the action and suspense in this clean romance. The characters were interesting and were relatable in some ways. I do enjoy the group of guys in this series. They're all so different and it's fun to see what kind of happy ending they get. I'm looking forward to reading more of this series.
If you enjoy clean romance with a healthy dose of action, a dash of suspense, and a little heat, then you'll probably enjoy this book and the series.

View all my reviews

This series is one I've enjoyed a lot. I'd been waiting to read this book and a couple others, but I can only buy books every now and again. In the case of this series, they're proving to be worth the money and the wait. 


 #TBR - I'm So Excited!

One of my Instagram connections (before I canceled my account there) has put out a new book. I'm super excited to add Summer's End by Michelle Wright to my reading list. Michelle writes sweet, inspirational, NA romance and I look forward to reading this book, as well as the last one she wrote. Honestly, if something isn't in front of my face or popping up on my phone to remind me, I will not remember it. It's quite annoying. Anyway, I highly recommend checking out Michelle Wright's romances. They're easy to read and perfect for winding down after a tiring day. 

I've linked the photo above to the Goodreads page I snagged the screenshot from. You can also see her previous books on the bottom right. I think there are actually two others besides this one I haven't read yet. I need to get busy!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Your support and encouragement means a lot to me.


Comments

Popular Posts