Combo Post! Book Notes & Author Journey - July 22, 2021

 This past week was rough! I've had almost zero motivation to edit and as a result I fell below the goal line yesterday. I'm going to get back to it today, though. I've started taking a few Udemy classes to learn a little more about healthier living and herbs and that took a bunch of my energy. Still, I'm looking forward to hitting double or triple the daily goal today (Thursday at the time I'm prepping this post.)


 Book Notes: Nonfiction - A Gardener's Latin by Richard Bird

 

A Gardener's Latin: The language of plants explained

A Gardener's Latin: The language of plants explained by Richard Bird
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a beautiful little handbook which I found helpful. I'm trying to learn more about plants and this was a fun way to get started on my journey. The pretty illustrations of flowers and nature throughout the book made it super easy to keep reading page after page. The information was presented in a simple and easy to read format which wasn't overwhelming at all, even though many different plant name elements were covered.
If you're interested in plants, love botanical print artwork, or just enjoy learning lots of interesting things, I think this would be a lovely addition to your bookshelf.

View all my reviews

This is the only book review I'm sharing today. I borrowed it from my oldest daughter who loves both learning new languages and researching plants, particularly the poisonous ones. I totally loved how this book was printed and written. Even if you just like pretty things, it's worth picking up, but I learned a lot from it, too. 


 Author Journey: A Not So Great Week of Line Edits and Double Checking Content


As you can see...not much progress has been made this week. I could kick myself, but it's not like I wasn't progressing on another thing which needed doing. I should really stick to a schedule, but that's difficult when other things infringe on my hypothetical schedule. That totally throws me off my game. :/ Anyone else struggle with that?

Still, I'm happy with the progress I've made so far. The next couple of sections I have to edit are actually some of my favorite scenes so that should make the work much happier for me. 

I've decided to sit on Outh'n's story just a bit longer to be absolutely certain I'm happy with it's current incarnation. A friend is reading through it to check for readability, flow, consistency, etc. Once that's done, I'll give it one last read-through, fix any faux pas that jump out at me and move on. It will be published soon, though. If you want to get a free copy, you'll need to sign up for my sometimes-monthly newsletter. (I write it when I have time/remember.) Otherwise, you can expect to pay around $0.99 USD for it at your favorite ebook retailer.


Thanks so much for taking the time to keep up with what I've been working on and reading. I hope you find something helpful, useful, and/or encouraging in my posts. 

Until next week, y'all stay healthy and have a blessed weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts