Book Notes: June 9, 2021 - Book Reviews

 I missed last week's book review post. And I didn't get to update you all on my writing journey since my family took our short vacation back in May. I find that if I don't get writing done in the morning, to include blogging, I'm to tired and hot to get back to it in the evenings. We're really moving into the summer temperatures now and while it's bearable in our house without AC, I have discovered why there is such a thing as a siesta. :) It makes so much more sense to me, having experienced it for myself. Anyway, on with the book reviews!

Book Review: Falling for Zeke by Sara Blackard

Book Review: Falling for Zeke (Stryker Security Force, #1)

Falling for Zeke by Sara Blackard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Good Contemporary Romance

This was a good contemporary romance with a fair bit of suspense, a nice balance of strong women /and/ men, and a smidgen of spiritual elements. It was clean, but still retained a dash of spice.

I liked almost all the heroic characters. The villains were truly vile. Kiki was an interesting surprise. And the integrity of the main characters and supporting characters was a huge plus for me.

If you're looking for a cozy romance that has just enough spice and suspense to keep you turning pages without all the graphic scenes and gratuitous cursing, you'll probably enjoy this book.

View all my reviews


 

Book Review: The Billionaire's Bodyguard by Tamie Dearen


The Billionaire's Bodyguard (Limitless, #4.5)

The Billionaire's Bodyguard by Tamie Dearen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Quick Cozy Romance with Some Substance

This clean romance was such a good surprise. Though both characters were presented as extraordinarily attractive, they also had some awesome inner qualities. I enjoyed the fact that these MCs were down-to-earth in their approach to life. I also like reading about military characters who are doing something positive with their lives after their time in service.

If you enjoy clean romance with a little heat, as well as a strong heroine and hero, then give this one a try!

View all my reviews

About those billionaire romances, I'm picky about the ones I read. I like to see characters who are overcoming struggles in their lives, not having things handed to them on platters. These two are definitely in my zone. While the premise isn't so believable (I mean, who's going to ever meet a millionaire if you don't live near one, right?), the stories are filled with some good things. There are strong characters regardless of their income levels (which vary), and they all have some things they're struggling to overcome. All the MCs wish to do something good with their lives and are working toward those goals. 

I enjoy Tamie Dearen's series because she writes about disabled characters who are overcoming the odds. What I dislike about that series is that her disabled characters can afford the absolute best in treatments, which is not available to the disabled person with a lower income. She counters that seeming injustice with her MCs doing a whole lot for charities which help and support disabled people. So I like seeing what she's doing there. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my post today. I hope you'll see something that interests you and give a new-to-you author a try. See you next time!

Comments

Popular Posts