Book Notes: Book Reviews June 30, 2021 - Margaret Desmond

 Welcome back to another round of book reviews! I hope you'll see something which interests you. I'm in the middle of those line edits for The Tale of Outh'n Durr so I'm keep this post as short as possible. There probably won't be a Friday post for the next month since the second Camp Nano starts tomorrow. Yikes! I'll be doing another content edit on Surge and I really need to knock it out of the park. Before I go too far off topic, let me get back to those book reviews.

Book Review: That Hollister Man by Margaret Desmond

That Hollister Man (Sweet Grass - Montana Romance, #1)

That Hollister Man by Margaret Desmond
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This clean romance read was unlike many I've picked up lately. In that respect I enjoyed the book immensely. I enjoyed the descriptions of the scenery. I've never been to Montana, but I can imagine, simply by the author's description, that it's a beautiful place. I can also promise you that unless God pushes me with His finger, I won't be living there. I've never been through such wintery conditions in my life, having lived all of it in the most southern of the states.
I liked both the hero and the heroine. But I /loved/ the people of the town. They were my favorite people to watch during the whole story. I wanted to see how they'd react to each thing that happened. I did like this book enough to want to read the next one. I hope to do that soon.

View all my reviews

(Some of you may remember I reviewed this a while back. I'm sharing it again since I read the two books which follow this one.)

 Book Review: Trusting Travis by Margaret Desmond

Trusting Travis (Sweet Grass - Montana Romance, #2)

Trusting Travis by Margaret Desmond
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Slow-moving Sweet Romance

If you're looking for action and a fast-paced story, you'll want to try a different book. But if you love watching a character truly grow, you'll likely enjoy reading about Mari. She's gone through some pretty rough things in her life, but she's still fighting on. She's a strong person with a heart for others and she's got a dream she's aiming for. Following along with her story tugged at my heartstrings. I laughed out loud and cried...well done, Margaret Desmond!

View all my reviews

 

Book Review: The Wrangler's Wish by Margaret Desmond

The Wrangler's Wish (Sweet Grass - Montana Romance, #3)

The Wrangler's Wish by Margaret Desmond
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Unbelievable" Patience & Determination

I loved the hero's determination to win the love of the heroine. That's the kind of determination it takes to make a real marriage work. Some might say it's impossible to find that in real life, but I'm that determined about my own marriage so it was nice to see a character with that same trait.

I also loved how these MCs started out by building a strong friendship and rather than letting passion and desire take over and ruin everything, they paced themselves.

If you enjoy clean romance with strong, determined characters, then you'll probably enjoy this book.

View all my reviews


 Thank you so much for checking out the book review post this week. I enjoyed these clean, contemporary romance novels. They were different in a good way and I hope you'll give them a chance if contemporary romance is your thing. 

See y'all next Wednesday with some more book reviews!

Comments

Popular Posts