Book Notes: Book Reviews: Texas Ranger Heros Series by Lynn Shannon

 I know...I missed a whole week...and so many Friday posts. I hope to get back on schedule but my mindset and the way I process makes recovering an old schedule difficult. I think I feel like if I stay in the same schedule too long, I'm in a rut and must get out. Then things shift around so much I find it difficult to keep up with the things I want to be better at. More on that this Friday... For now, I have four book reviews for you, all from the same series. I hope your interest will be piqued because I truly enjoyed these!

Book Review: Ranger Protection (Texas Ranger Heroes book 1) by Lynn Shannon


Ranger Protection (Texas Ranger Heroes #1)Ranger Protection by Lynn Shannon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Perfect Blend of Suspense and Romance

No graphic language or sex, just as it appeared in the book description. I'm always skeptical about suspense novels, but this one was all I hoped it would be. I didn't notice any technical issues, either.

Right from the start, the author pulled me into the plot and the action kept coming. I guess if I had to compare this story to something, I'd say it was a lot like Criminal Minds or NCIS, but with a smaller cast and the added draw of a sweet romance.

I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys suspense, sweet romance, and action.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Ranger Redemption (Texas Ranger Heroes book 2) by Lynn Shannon


Ranger Redemption (Texas Ranger Heroes #2)Ranger Redemption by Lynn Shannon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Completely Invested

Once I started this story, I couldn't put it down. I had one part of the mystery figured out but only that one. There were so many twists and turns...I was kept guessing and that's exactly what I look for in a mystery or suspense novel. This was also a clean read. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys crime suspense, inspirational romance, and action.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Ranger Courage (Texas Ranger Heroes book 3) by Lynn Shannon


Ranger Courage (Texas Ranger Heroes #3)Ranger Courage by Lynn Shannon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Great Suspenseful Romance

I have been enjoying this series so much! I started reading this one yesterday and finished it today. I could hardly put it down. I love how the characters live their faith, are "real" people with doubts, fears, and flaws who have to work hard to overcome obstacles.

Ranger Courage was on par with the previous books in the series. The author kept me guessing. I was fairly certain who the culprit was. Then something would happen and I'd think, "Well, maybe not?" Another thing I appreciate is how respectful the hero and heroine are toward each other. Their attraction is shown, but it's not solely based on physical attributes. No insta-love here! Yea! And it's another clean read featuring characters who pray often...sometimes alone, sometimes with friends or family, and sometimes together.

If you enjoy crime-show-type suspense, inspirational romance, and action, I'd recommend this whole series to you.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Ranger Faith (Texas Ranger Heroes book 4) by Lynn Shannon


Ranger Faith (Texas Ranger Heroes #4)Ranger Faith by Lynn Shannon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent Suspense...Kept Me Guessing

Once again, Lynn Shannon kept me guessing. I had a very hard time narrowing down who the criminal was, even though I pegged that person pretty early on. Well done!

Also once again... The faith element in this book, as in others, seems well balanced to me. These characters aren't perfect and don't claim to be. They live life with doubts, fears, and diificult pasts and the hand of God can be seen working in their lives in a similar way to what I've experienced in mine. I found the characters relatable on that level. On a personality/humanity level, I also found them easy to relate to and step into their shoes.

If you enjoy crime suspense, inspirational romance, and action, I'll recommend this whole series to you.

View all my reviews


This series was so enjoyable, I pre-ordered the fifth book. I can't wait to read it! Just as I get in a rut with my writing from time to time, I also get in a rut with my reading list. I find myself reading the same types of books over and over again, and wondering why they are all seeming to blend together. This series was an effort to read something a little different. All of these felt like watching Criminal Minds or NCIS or another suspenseful crime show like those. I think I mention that in the reviews, but I'm still blown away by the author's ability to have the story come across in such a vivid way. Great job Lynn Shannon! If you give these books a try, or if you've already read one or more of them, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please do share in the comments. I'll respond when I see the comments, though it may be a while. 


I'm going to go ahead and set up Friday's post if our internet signal will hold. Our weather has been stormy lately and that doesn't always bode well for the wifi or the electricity. I'll let you in on what I've been working on this past week and what I hope to accomplish before the summer ends. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts