Book Notes: Regency Romance Book Reviews

 Today I have two Regency romance book reviews to share with you. I hope you'll see one which interests you. If not, check back next week when I'll share a couple more book reviews. (Note the new divider...for today. I'm working in a different area today and don't have the file I usually use. :'-D


Book Review: The Husband Mission (The Spy Matchmaker #1) by Regina Scott

The Husband Mission (The Spy Matchmaker #1)The Husband Mission by Regina Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a fun book! I actually laughed at a couple points in the story and didn't want to stop reading. The characters were interesting and varied. The plot and dialog fit the setting fairly well. There were only a few typos and the story flowed as it needed to. I loved that there were some sparks flying between the hero and heroine. And I felt good rather than disappointed about having pegged Katherine's sister's perfect match as soon as I met him.

This is a clean, sweet romance with some interesting faith moments, just as one might expect as one simply lives life. If you enjoy that kind of book, then I highly recommend this one.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Disappearance of Lady Edith by Christina McKnight


The Disappearance of Lady Edith (The Undaunted Debutantes, #1)The Disappearance of Lady Edith by Christina McKnight
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This story was fun, but there were several small details and a couple of large ones which made this a modern, imaginative spin-off of Regency romance rather than what I've come to expect from a Regency romance. It also contained more spice than I prefer in the books I choose. Add to that some typos that pulled me out of the story, and you'll see why two stars are missing.

But I did like the friendship between the young ladies and their loyalty to their friend. I also enjoyed the way the hero and heroine talked with each other. The settings were well-written and it was easy for me to paint a picture in my head.

If you enjoy an imaginative twist on Regency romance, which also contains some spice, this book might be a good fit for you.

View all my reviews


I'm so happy you stopped by today. If you've read these books already, what did you think? Feel free to leave a comment below! And I hope you'll come back next Wednesday to check out what else I've been reading. 

(I know this is short, but there's a lot on my plate lately. I almost didn't get this post out on time! 8-O )

Comments

Popular Posts