Indie Author Spotlight: Interview with Natasja Eby Part 4

 This month, I've had the pleasure to share with you my interview with Canadian indie author, Natasja Eby. If you haven't read the previous parts, you can read part one here, part two here, and part three here. Once you're done, come back to this post to read the conclusion of the interview. And now, let's find out how it ends...


Indie Author Spotlight: Interview with Natasja Eby - Conclusion

Me: What's your favorite book? 

Natasja: One of my favourite books is called A Map of the Known World by Lisa Ann Sandell. I took it out of the library so many times that my sister finally just bought me my own copy. I even emailed the author and she sent me a signed bookplate for my copy!

Me: How sweet of both your sister and the author! Do you feel this book is what started your interest in writing your own books? Or did another book or event spark that desire? 

Natasja: It's a beautiful book, but I think my spark for writing came way earlier than that. I'm not sure it was inspired by any one book, to be honest, since I read so much as a kid.

Me: Which authors are your favorites? What do you like most about them?

Natasja: I like so many authors of varying genres and even age levels... Let me try to narrow it down. Susane Colasanti, Robert Munsch, Mercedes Lackey, Ally Condie, Todd Parr, Lois Bujold McMaster, Eric Walters, Shannon Hale... That's just to name a few off the top of my head that have made an impression on me. Probably the thing they all have in common is compelling characters and engaging storylines. 

Me: I hear ya! There are many authors which have impacted me with their writing and the list is hard to narrow down. Though I recognize a couple of names, I see a few here which are unfamiliar to me. I'll be checking them out later on. You've written and published quite a lot of books over the last couple of years. Do you have anything in progress?

Natasja: I don't think I can tell you about all my future projects just yet. But I'm working on another body swapper. It was my NaNoWriMo project but I only got about 40k words in because I do't know how to fence... I've already said too much.

Me: Well, I can't speak for others but the fencing mention does catch my attention. I'll look forward to that new book and wish you all the best with your project. I know it was mentioned before, but where can authors and readers find your books? What formats are offered?

Natasja: There's a listing of all my books on my website, or readers can go directly to my Amazon page. They are all sold through Amazon and are available in ebook and paperback. Most are available through Kindle Unlimited. 

Me: I find it refreshing to hear from other indie authors and share their work with as many people as possible. After all, if not us, then who? Thank you so much, Natasja, for spending some of your valuable time with me and my readers. I appreciate that and, again, wish you all the best in your endeavors.


And thank you, Dear Readers, for taking a bit of time to hear about what another indie author is working on. I hope you've enjoyed this edition of the Indie Author Spotlight. Scroll down to see my reviews of four of Natasja's books which have made it to my favorites list.

Book Reviews: Four of My Favorites from Natasja Eby's Collection of Works

Knockout Girl

Knockout Girl (Knockout Girl, #1)Knockout Girl by Natasja Eby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved this book! I won it in a giveaway which I entered because the blurb of the upcoming book caught my eye. I'm not into sports really, but I was able to relate to these characters. (I might be married and have teenagers of my own, but I remember my high school years well.)

First thing I noticed was the first person perspective of the story. It's told from the MC's point of view. I had gotten tired of this but I think it's because sometimes it comes across as somewhat stilted. I was so pleased to see a lively narration of the events that unfolded in the MC's life. The way that she overcomes her troubles, makes new friends, tries new things and stands up for what she believes in are so well done.

Speaking of well done, the characters in this story are beautifully crafted. The interaction between characters and dialog seemed to be spot-on to me. I couldn't wait to see what they'd do next or how they'd react to a new situation.

I enjoyed this book so much, I bought the second one in the series. (That review coming next!) I think what I liked more about this book than many other books geared toward teens is that it's an enjoyable, rich story while remaining a clean read. Pre-teens could read this book without parents having to worry. I can't stress how much I appreciate a rich story that doesn't rely on shock factor as its selling point. Knockout Girl is one of my new favorites. Well done, Natasaja Eby! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story! 

The B-Boy  

View all my reviewsThe B-Boy (Knockout Girl #3)The B-Boy by Natasja Eby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was suprised and excited to get this book as a birthday gift. I've read the other two books in this series and really enjoyed them. Natasja Eby did not disappoint! The wording is spot-on (that means dialogue, too.) The characters are well-written. Both they and the plot/action are believable. I totally lost myself in the tale. This is a clean read, just so you're aware. That made it a double win for me.
Natasja has come through with another winning story I'd recommend to teens. Younger people could enjoy it, too, I think. I recommended my youngest read it since she's been experimenting with books and trying to find her reading niche. I think anyone who just enjoys a good book about life will really love this story. 

The Last Prince of Onepus


View all my reviewsThe Last Prince of Onepus (The Onepian Chronicles #4)The Last Prince of Onepus by Natasja Eby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Page Turner

I couldn't wait to read the story of these two MCs. I'm happy to say I wasn't disappointed. While still a clean read, there were a couple of parts of the story which parents might not want younger teens to read about, but the book is definitely a winner. Only a few typos, so that's a good thing. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys cloak-and-dagger stories, sci-fi, adventure, and romance.

View all my reviews

To Earth and Back

(I'm having to input my review as screenshots because there was a glitch on this page at Goodreads. However, I'm linking to the book page so you can check it out for yourself.)



Dear Readers, I hope you'll give Natasja a round of virtual applause and support her work with a purchase and/or review. And remember! You can find her on Facebook, YouTube, and on both Instagram and Twitter by searching for @natasjaeby. If you're on those sites, why not look her up? Also, don't forget to check out the Indie Wordsmiths Newsletter which Natasja is a part of. If you decide to sign up, you may choose one of two novellas written by Natasja to download for free.

I'll be working to put out another Indie Author Interview soon so stay tuned! Thanks for reading and I'll see you next time!

***** Our weather has been nasty so I don't know if I'll be posting on Friday or not. Every 8 - 10 years, we get icy weather in Louisiana and it effectively shuts down everything, sometimes even the electricity. So please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We'd appreciate it! *****

***** Also to note, I was not paid to interview Natasja Eby. I'm simply trying to spread the word about good books by indie authors and help to market their hard work. *****


Comments

Popular Posts