Book Notes: January 6, 2021

 Welcome back for another book review post! I'll also let you in on what I'm currently reading and a couple of books I've recently added to my to-read list and a few books I hope to add to my list soon. I hope you'll see something which interests you. 

Book Review: Historical Romance by Charlotte Dearing

I sometimes write very short reviews. When this is the case, I'll try to share two instead of one. Such is the case today.


Mail Order AbigailMail Order Abigail by Charlotte Dearing
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Pleasure to Read

What a fun story! I enjoyed reading something from a new-to-me author which kept me turning pages. I loved the characters and the way the story moved from little hope to dreams fulfilled. The characters were lovely, well-constructed, and easy to see in the era and in my mind's eye. The setting was equally well done. If you're looking for a clean, historical romance with some interesting turns, give this one a try.

View all my reviewsMail Order Sarah

Mail Order Sarah by Charlotte Dearing
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A lovely book in a lovely series!

I'm enjoying this series so much. It's pleasant, easy to read and follow the story. The characters are lively and easy to relate to. And the characters also fit the era well. I'd recommend this book and series to anyone who enjoys historical romance, clean romance, and inspirational romance.

View all my reviews

New to My TBR List

Over the holidays, I received a little money as gifts so I thought I'd add a few new ebooks written by indie authors to my list of books to be read. Here are a few of them, linked to their Goodreads pages. I hope you'll find them interesting and give them a try.  

  1. To Earth and Back by Natasja Eby (clean science fiction/adventure/romance)
  2. Apostacy of a Gidat & Elegy of the Gidat by Emé Savage (clean fantasy) (I should've written these two books the other way around. Elegy comes first, I think. Both are short stories and are available for purchase at Amazon. But I can't link to the Amazon page.)
  3. The Most Wonderful Bride of the Year, Riches of the Heart, & Dancing on Dew by Leah Atwood (historical & inspirational romance)
A book series I've been wanting to read but haven't yet been able to purchase is the By the Light of the Moon series by Jennifer Knipfer. The books seem to be able to stand alone and they also have some pretty diverse characters. You can read more about Jennifer's series here at her website

If any of these links do not work, just input the title into the Amazon search box and match up the title with the correct author, though I think these titles are all pretty unique. 

Also, I do not get any payment for sharing these books and their links with you. I'm not affiliated with any of these sites or products, nor did I receive any payment or promise of payment to share these books with you. I simply share what I find enjoyable, interesting, or how I felt about a story after I read it. And I'd like to help get the word out about other indie authors. Who will do it if not the authors themselves and the readers who enjoy their books?

#CurrentlyReading

I'm currently reading Whiter Than Snow by Leah Atwood. I'm enjoying the novelette and looking forward to others in the series if this one is any indication of what's to follow. This book is really sweet and I like how easy it is to just settle down with it and truly enjoy the act of reading. I don't have to worry that I'll suddenly come upon a page I have to skip over, or that I wasted my money on a book filled with futility. I like the hope in Leah's books, as well as the faith element. Watching the characters grow over the course of the story is usually interesting, too. (By the time this post goes out, I will have finished reading the book.)

Thank you so much for stopping to read today's article. I hope you found something you think you might enjoy. If you've read any of these books, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. 

#Welcome2021WithMe Sale is Still On

Before I go, don't forget I'm running a sale on Ripples (Children of Y'Dahnndrya book 1) this month only! During January 2021, you can purchase the first book in my series for only $0.99 USD. It's a great time to purchase it for a friend who loves fantasy and appreciates a clean read. And I've found that ebooks make great, budget friendly gifts to send to loved ones who live far away. 

You can choose your favorite ebook retailer from this handy list at Books2Read. (I thought it was pretty funny when I shortened the title of the book series to fit in the shortened link. It really should've been CoY, but I chose CoD for some reason and it usually makes me laugh when I see it. I guess that's a good thing.)

Ok. I'm signing off until Friday. I hope you'll join me then.

Comments

Popular Posts