Book Notes: January 20, 2021

 Today is inauguration day and I'm actually avoiding all media. How much of it is true and how much is propagandist hype? Who knows? So I'm just going to do my thing and get this blog post out to readers who love how books take them to new and different places when life becomes overwhelming. Today's offering is exactly what a body needs on such overwhelming days. 


Book Review: A Match Made in Ireland by Michelle Brouder

A Match Made in IrelandA Match Made in Ireland by Michele Brouder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Wonderful Book

I truly enjoyed investing time in this book. The characters were interesting and fun, well-crafted in my opinion. I loved the setting descriptions. I didn't notice any typos. I laughed. I cried. It was amazing. And clean! Rather than a story about sex, give me a story about a love that grows over time. Well done, Michele Brouder!

View all my reviews

I think there wasn't anything in this book I didn't like. The heroine and hero both grew over the course of the story and did so in a believable way. I loved the natural interaction between all the characters in this book. I think the author must do a lot of people watching and studying human nature. It's not particularly inspirational in nature, but the story is definitely clean.

If you are looking for a book which offers a pleasant 'get away' from the hectic pace of life, then this might be just the thing, especially if you enjoy contemporary romance stories. 



I know this is a short post, but it's pretty amazing that I"m getting it out at all today. Getting back into the swing of things after the holiday season is always a tough thing for me. So I hope you'll cut me some slack and also give this author a bit of your time. If you have already done so, or if you do so later, I'd love to hear what you think in the comments below.

Comments

Popular Posts