Book Notes: December 23, 2020 - Holiday Edition

'Tis the season! I'm sharing three book reviews with you, all contemporary holiday romances. None of them are particularly inspirational, but they are all clean romances. I think any of them are great for cozying up to a warm fire or snuggling into a soft blanket with a mug of your favorite warm beverage. Take a look!


Book Review: No Place Like Home (Home to You Series #1) by Morris Fenris

No Place Like Home (Home To You Series #1)

No Place Like Home by Morris Fenris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Simply Cozy Tale

I liked the story and the characters, enough that I'm interested in the second book. The main thing holding the rating at four stars is related to grammatical errors. If you can get past those few bumps, and you enjoy reading sweet, inspirational romance, you'll likely enjoy this story.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Christmas in Three Rivers by Liz Isaacson

Christmas in Three Rivers (Three Rivers Ranch Romance, #8)

Christmas in Three Rivers by Liz Isaacson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Good cozy stories!

I enjoyed reading these. They are clean stories about characters who overcome obstacles without compromising who they are. I got a sense of these characters being people who took their beliefs seriously. The stories are short so they move pretty fast, but it's just for enjoyment. At least, I found them to be good. If you enjoy clean, contemporary romance stories with a dash of spice here and there, you might try this collection.

View all my reviews

Book Review: A Loan for Christmas by Katie Carver

A Loan for Christmas (Spruce Valley Sweet Romance, #1)

A Loan for Christmas by Katie Carver
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book definitely has its moments...

This book definitely has some good moments and a few good things going for it. I enjoyed it enough to read through everything but the epilogue. I spotted so many errors a good proofread could have and would have fixed. The characters would've been more relatable if they'd been fleshed out a tad more. I had a hard time believing anyone, no matter how sweet, would fall for the hero. And they spent so little quality time together, it really was unbelievable. The heroine spent more time with almost everyone else, except for the hero's dad, and those relationships were enjoyable and plausible. I loved the chapter where the ladies get together and work on a surprise.
I believe this author shows promise and that her work could improved with each published book. I certainly hope so! There's so much potential in this book. It just didn't quite meet my expectations for a sweet love story.

View all my reviews

I'm not expounding on these reviews. I also apologize for any typos. I'm feeling the time crunch and need to get my last blog post scheduled before the hour is out. I hope you'll find one of these sparks your interest and that you'll enjoy the story you choose. Stay safe this holiday season, Dear Readers!  

Comments

Popular Posts