July 2019 Book Notes: Debra Clopton

 If you've been following my blog for a while, you'll know this ain't Debra Clopton's first rodeo here....so to speak. I enjoy reading her clean romances that are spiced with action of the best kind. At least, this is my own opinion on the matter. I love that her settings take me back home to Texas where I'm fairly certain I left a good chunk of my heart when we moved away. Check out my review of her book.


Book Review: Cooper by Debra Clopton

 

Cooper (Cowboys of Ransom Creek, #3)

Cooper by Debra Clopton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was so happy when this book showed up in my Bookbub email. Debra Clopton is fast becoming a new and improved Barbara Cartland for me. (My mother collected those romances when I was a kid and I started my own journey into the romance novel realm through them.)
Cooper (Cowboys of Ranson Creek #3) is a book I've been wanting to read for a while now. Debra Clopton didn't disappoint. This book is a lovely, well done romance.
I love her characters. Strong, gentle, and reliable men who have troubles but don't give up seal the deal for me. Every time. Her heroines are equally strong, if not always in body, definitely in mind. They're believable characters and I really get invested in their stories. This book was no different than the others in that respect.
The plot of 'Cooper' really kept me going, too. I never really knew what was going to happen next. The only problem area to me was that the climax seemed like it passed too quickly. The action there was good, but it just seemed to move too fast.
This book's a keeper and I'm so glad I found it! (I sometimes miss out on my Bookbub offering because I forget to check my email.) I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys sweet romance, contemporary romance, or cowboy romance.

View all my reviews

I adore a good cowboy romance with strong characters and a not-so-heavy plot. It's the perfect way to wind down at the end of a busy or chaotic day. (For me, those two terms don't necessarily go hand in hand.) If you enjoy books like this, please do give this one a try. Or if you've read it, I'd love to hear what you think!

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts