May 2019 Book Notes: Cynthia Woolf

 Today, I have two super short reviews for you. I think I was probably in a hurry and very tired when I wrote them. I did enjoy the books, though. Cynthia Woolf is a solid romance author in the more secular sense. Don't forget to check her page out on Goodreads! Read on to see the reviews in full.

Book Review: The Dancing Bride by Cynthia Woolf


The Dancing Bride (Central City Brides #1)

The Dancing Bride by Cynthia Woolf
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was interesting from the start. The heroine hooked me with her determination to follow her dreams and fight to live. When plan A didn't work out quite like she thought it would, she went straight to plan B. This was one lady who knew her mind.
I also enjoyed reading about the hero. I thought him a bit chatty, though, considering his background. Otherwise, his character was very well done. The supporting characters had some interesting quirks and backgrounds of their own. I hope I'll get to read their stories in the future.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Tame a Wild Heart by Cynthia Woolf

 

Tame a Wild Heart (Tame, #1)

Tame a Wild Heart by Cynthia Woolf
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This typical wild west romance was full of character and included some very nice twists. I loved the novel snippet by "Penny Ante." I don't think I laughed that hard all day. I had to read it aloud to my husband and he thought it was a hoot, too. There's a great deal of sex described in this one, just so you know. (I think Amazon might have had it listed as sweet, clean romance for some reason...yikes!) To be honest, it fits the characters, though in my opinion, not really the attitudes of the time. Still...it is fiction. The plot is well done, too.
If you enjoy western romances, historical romances, and adventure, you might enjoy this one.

View all my reviews

 I know they are short but hopefully that works better. I know most days, I'm in too much of a hurry to read long blog posts. :) Stay tuned next Wednesday for my next book review.

Comments

Popular Posts