Book Notes: Book Review - 'Of Ice and Snow' by Amber Argyle

I've been reading more romance novels lately. I'm trying to turn my focus back to work in my own genre. I read 'Of Ice & Snow' last year but I can't remember if I shared my review. I know I've gotten some new followers since that time so perhaps a re-post isn't such a bad thing. :) It will also help to lead into next month's guest, C.H. Knyght, who also writes fantasy. Sign up for my newsletter to stay up-to-date on the upcoming interview.

OK, back to this week's book review!

Book Review: Of Ice and Snow by Amber Argyle


Of Ice and Snow (Fairy Queens, #0.5)Of Ice and Snow by Amber Argyle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This tale was a bit darker than those I usually choose. But it's a well-written prequel and I am likely to try reading the others in the series when I get a chance.
I enjoyed the way the story moved from scene to scene and also how the characters interacted with each other. Their personalities and descriptions were varied and made them easy to imagine.
Mrs. Argyle has created a well-constructed fantasy realm with enough background from the lore of fae to keep me interested and wanting to know more. I think anyone who enjoys sword and sorcery type fantasy, Vikings, and/or the lore of fae would enjoy reading this tale.

If all goes as planned, the second installment of my Indie Author Interview series will be up next month. Next month is also a Camp Nano month and I'll be continuing my edit of 'Over Land & Under Stone'. Hopefully, Camp Nano will help me stay on track. It's been a difficult year and it's not much advanced yet! By the time the summer Camp Nano event rolls around, I hope to be able to tackle some short stories I've been tossing around in my head.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll give 'Of Ice & Snow' by Amber Argyle a try. Remember! You can get this one for free (along with three others) simply by signing up for her newsletter. Happy reading!

*** Disclaimer: No one paid me in any way, shape or form for this book review. I'm simply sharing my thoughts on a book I read. ***

Comments

Popular Posts