Book Notes: Book Reviews - Two Historical Romance Novels & What's Coming in February

Rather than one book review, I've got two for you today. I'm determined to make my 100 book reading goal this year. Thanks to Bookbub and the library and coupons from my favorite bookstores, I'll have no excuse not to. XD

Read on to check out the two reviews.

Book Review: Beware the Rich Man by Laura Landon


Beware the Rich Man (Rich Man | Poor Man | Beggar Man | Thief, # Book 1)Beware the Rich Man by Laura Landon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hooked from the start! I read this one in one sitting. I don't often get the chance to do that and honestly, I sacrificed some sleep time to finish the last few chapters. I don't think I've read a Victorian era romance with a plot quite like this one. I loved the characters and found them to be well-written. I liked their motivations and how their various personalities showed clearly. I also have a soft spot in my heart for justice being done. This book did not disappoint me in any of these respects. If you enjoy historical romance, then you should check this one out.


Book Review: Nearly a Lady (Haverston Family Trilogy book 1) by Alyssa Johnson


Nearly a Lady (Haverston Family Trilogy Book 1)Nearly a Lady by Alissa Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a fun romance novel with an interesting twist. If you like rags to riches type love stories, then you're in for a treat. The characters are not what I expected and because of that, I found myself smiling at some of their antics and frowning at some not-so-great choices. I loved the setting and the plot and, most of all, the enjoyable ending.

Coming to the Blog in February!

I've been thinking of ways I can support other indie authors like me. Book reviews are all I've really been able to do up to this point, besides buying only a few indie books. So I made a decision.

It's time to introduce the Indie Author Spotlight on the Scenic Route. Next month, I'll be focusing on the Crown of Stars series by Elizabeth D. Marie. She's a new favorite author whose manner of retelling fairy tales is new and exciting. I've read all the books in that series and will be sharing my book reviews for each of them every Wednesday in February. I hope you enjoy the reviews and are encouraged to give the books a try yourself. I also had the thought to interview the authors I want to spotlight so we can get to know them and their work a little bit better. What do you think? :)

(PS...She didn't ask me to do this or pay me to do this. I won't receive commission on your purchases of the books if you decide to buy them. I'm just promoting an author whose work I've truly enjoyed.)

So come back next Wednesday for the first installment of the Indie Author Spotlight. I hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular Posts