Book Notes: Book Review - 'Runaway Wallflower' by Bianca Blythe

It's time for another book review and I have to say this addition to the blog is helping me stay on track with my reading. I'm eating books up! :D I'm enjoying some more than others but so far, I've been able to give all but one, I think, four stars since I started being more dedicated in writing reviews on the books I read. Read on to see the review.

Book Review: Runaway Wallflower by Bianca Blythe


Runaway Wallflower (Matchmaking for Wallflowers, #3)Runaway Wallflower by Bianca Blythe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an interesting tale. The heroine has an interesting personality and drive. The hero has chosen an equally interesting career path. Considering the time period, I love how this was woven into the story. I've never read a historical romance about American colonials going back to England. The reactions of the /ton/ seemed to me to be spot on, as well as the way they perceived the outcome of the American Revolution. The interaction between the hero and heroine wasn't so unique but I think it was well done on the part of the author. Would I read it again and again? Probably not. But I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading about characters who go against the flow and reading historical romance. It was fun.


(Update: In retrospect, I should've dropped the star rating to four, maybe even three. This heroine really wasn't believable for the era she was placed in. Also, the way the romance happened just didn't really grab my attention because it was done by other authors. 7/30/2020)

Comments

Popular Posts