Book Notes: Book Review - 'Nightvision: Twilight Shadows' by C.H. Knyght

(Again, I didn't write anything in addition to sharing this book review when it was originally posted. I truly enjoyed reading books one and two in this series and am looking forward to the day when I can purchase hard copy of books two and three, the latter of which I haven't been able to read yet. 7/30/2020)

Book Review: Nightvision - Twilight Shadows by C.H. Knyght


Nightvision Twilight ShadowsNightvision Twilight Shadows by C.H. Knyght
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As soon as I read chapter one, I thought to myself, "This is going to be an awesome book!" The action starts right away, just as it should and so far the characters are super interesting. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.
Update: I was so happy to finally purchase my copy of "Nightvision Twilight Shadows" after following C. H. Knyght's artwork on social media. True to form, I think she's hit on the start of something awesome here.
I love that the action starts right away. You're swept right into the story and the current just pulls you right along. It was hard to put this book down and I found I had to make myself stop in order to get enough sleep for the next day.
The world she's created is rich and full of promise. The magic system is interesting and varied from many others I've read. I'm intrigued by the elementals and I'm enjoying the world peopled with shifter clans.
My favorite characters are probably the twins, Derrick and Raiven, and Keer. I have a tendency to like supporting characters. This is perhaps because much of their stories are left to my imagination. But it could also be because they add a richness to the story, especially in this case. The way each character is fleshed out was so well done, I found myself being able to relate to all of them at various points in the story, even to the shedding of tears when the characters themselves couldn't or wouldn't allow them to fall.
All in all, this was such an enjoyable book. I'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for a fun fantasy tale.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts