Book Notes: Book Review - 'Yuletide Happily Ever Afters' by Jenna Jaxon

I was hoping to have holiday novels to review all month but that won't be the case. I'm happy to say I was able to purchase a book one of my fantasy author friends wrote so I'll be reviewing that one next. I was super excited when she opened up her newest novel for ARC readers and I was added to the list. I thought it would probably be a good idea to read the first book in the series before I tried to give an opinion on the second. It was an excellent excuse to purchase her book which had been sitting in my wish list for a little while.

I hope you'll enjoy this book review, though. It's definitely holiday themed. I had a lot of fun reading the collection of tales and I hope my review will convey that, even though it's somewhat short.

Book Review: Yuletide Happily Ever Afters: A Merry Little Set of Regency Romances by Jenna Jaxon & others


Yuletide Happily Ever Afters; A Merry Little Set Of Regency RomancesYuletide Happily Ever Afters; A Merry Little Set Of Regency Romances by Jenna Jaxon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The first three stories in this book ("Married by Christmas" by Jenna Jaxon; "The Christmas Wager" by Angelina Jameson; "His Yuletide Bride" by Nadine Millard) were such charming tales I sped through them. I love reading sweet romance stories and those did not disappoint. The fourth tale, "Twelve Gifts by Christmas" by Tabetha Waite, was a little more graphic, though not excessively so. It was interesting to see how the author treated romance between those hitting their middle years. I must be honest and say I skipped over "Hell Hath Frozen Over" by Annabelle Anders. I plan to read it later but I wanted to go ahead and write a review to share on my blog. I expect I won't be disappointed if the other tales are anything to go by. "Boughs of Folly" by Anna Bradley was such an interesting tale. I truly enjoyed the novelty of reading about regency love between a noble and an actress and seeing how they overcame the obstacles in their way.

I liked the first three stories best, but the lively charm of regency life, romance, and drama were beautifully written in each. I think what was happiest for me was recalling my teenage days of plowing through my mom's Barbara Cartland collection of romances, then discovering the ones she didn't have at our local library and plowing through them. I always liked how she blended romance with mild intrigue and adventure. These authors have done very well in their craft. If you enjoy regency romance, you should give this collection a try.



Comments

Popular Posts