Book Notes: Book Review - 'Blue Christmas' by Diane Moody

Wow! I didn't write anything with this book review back at the time I originally posted it on my blog. o.O Well, here it is...

Book Review: Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1) by Diane Moody


Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1)Blue Christmas by Diane Moody
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I realized this book was orginally a fanfic that had been altered to its current form, I wasn't sure how I'd like it. I know about fanfics through my daughters who enjoy reading them on Quotev, but I've never indulged in them myself. I did like that the author created hers for her daughter because that is something I can totally relate to. The backstory surrounding the creation of this novel was pretty cool!
Having said that, I found myself enjoying the story. The characters were individuals with relatable problems they needed to overcome. The setting was nothing super special which actually added an aspect of reality to the tale for me. The fact that these characters lived their faith while still working in a secular field was interesting. The fears associated with that sort of circumstance are definitely real.
My favorite characters were once again side-characters. I just enjoyed how these supporting characters did their jobs so well. As the chapters move on, you kinda get the feeling that you are part of the family, too, and that's something I understand well and can relate to in real life. Mrs. Moody has written a pleasant, clean novel that I think any young adult who reads contemporary romance would enjoy.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts