Book Notes: Book Review - 'Frostblood' by Elly Blake

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm not one to take a lot of time telling people what I think about a book I just read. But I'm learning the value of reviews, not only for readers looking for their next awesome find, but for authors who are trying to get their books into more eager hands. So here's another short book review. I am certain I'll improve with time.

Book Review: Frostblood by Elly Blake

Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)Frostblood by Elly Blake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

While I know better than to judge a book by its cover, the cover for Frostblood drew me to open the cover and check out the blurb. The day I first saw it, I put it back on the shelf in favor of another author's work which had been recommended to me. But I went right back to it when I was done reading the other.
I wasn't disappointed. It's a good, solid work of YA fantasy with an original world. Who hasn't wondered "what if" about the human race and what we could do, eh? The action and mystery in the book is strong enough to keep you reading, as are the relationships between the characters.
The title kind of threw me for a bit, though, since the MC isn't what I expected. You have to read to the end to understand where the author is coming from. She picks up the story again in Fireblood which I'm starting to read just now.
I'm glad I picked this one up, noticed it where it sat nestled at the edge of one of the library shelves. It's a good book and if you enjoy fantasy stories, you should definitely check this one out.



Comments

Popular Posts