Ripples Release Soon! Book Trailer Out Today!

It took weeks of work. A couple of the negative results were the loss of a little hair and the level of ibuprofen slowly sinking lower in the container. But it's done! It's finally done. And I feel almost like Dr. Frankenstein rejoicing over his living monster. I'm a tad less jubilant, though. Maybe when the book is completely edited and in the printers' hands, I'll feel more like celebrating. Ready to see it?


Ripples: Children of Y'Dahnndrya Book 1

I know I'm going to have readers wondering how I created it and what I used. I'll go ahead and get that out of the way, even though the info is at the end of the video.
  • Animotica - I put my slides, text and music together in this app (Windows). The only thing I don't like about the paid feature is that it doesn't allow you to use your own fonts. :( I'll eventually learn how to use HitFilm Express 4, but I'm not there yet. There's a free version but I needed to add more text overlays than it allowed. The two options are pretty affordable, though sitting at $4.99 USD and $11.99 USD at the time I'm writing this post.
  • Gimp - As most of you know, I use Gimp for any digital art and photo-manipulations I have to do. It's free. And I have to be as thrifty as possible.
  • Portra - Portra is a photo editing app available at the Google Play Store. It allowed me to add a watercolor effect to my model portraits. I used the Android app.
  • Photo Lab Image Editor-Face Effects, Filters - This is another Windows app I found a the Microsoft store. It offers more watercolor effects, similar to Portra, but not as varied. I found that if I layered the watercolor effects, I got a bit different result. (I can't link to this one. I'm sorry. I tried.)
  • PixArt - I used this app (available in both Microsoft Story and Google Play Store) to create the character collage. It's a pain to use if your internet connection is slow. Otherwise, it looks like there's a lot you can do with it.
  • YouTube Royalty Free Music - I found a piece of music in the YouTube vault that worked pretty well with my story. I used it. I can't be too choosy but this one seemed the perfect fit, anyway.
I think that's all I used to create the trailer. If I think of something later, I'll do another blog post about it.
Now... Watch the trailer!


Comments

Popular Posts