What I've Been Up To



If the photo above isn't enough of a clue, please read on for more details of what's been keeping me from blogging. It's a short post but I wanted to give my readers an update.

Maps & Other Additional Tidbits

Every fantasy book worth it's salt must have a map. And rather than some sketchy bit of work with a few lines and a couple of iconic landmark symbols, I want to give it my best. I'm more of an organic, abstract artist when it comes to fine art. But my husband has taught me a lot about Gimp. Creating a map isn't an easy task, especially when you want it to be rich in design and style. But if you are determined and willing to put in the time and effort, you can be pleased with the result, I think. The above photo is just a snippet of the black and white version that will appear in all my hardcover books. I'll have a color version that I'll post in my Zazzle store and make available on different products and as a small poster print. When I open pre-order sales for Ripples, I'll include the color map as a downloadable wallpaper. I hope you're looking forward to it!

YouTube Update

I didn't upload a video last Friday because the weather wasn't cooperating. I'm trying to create an intro video that lets people know exactly what to expect on my channel. I post more videos than those just about my writing. If you've been following my blog for some time, then you already know my family are all advanced certified storm spotters. When I catch a lightning bolt on video, I like to share it to YouTube. We have a funny cat, so I might share videos of Olly Ox'nfri. I don't want to have to limit what I share on my YouTube channel so I want potential followers to be aware of what they're in for. I hope to have that video ready for next Friday.

Comments

Popular Posts